Google Keep -- Unable to Voice Record?

Peter Venkman

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
Anybody able to voice record using Google Keep? I asked in the Apps forum, but I'm thinking this may be specific to the One. I can voice record using other apps, but whether it's the widget or the app itself, Keep shows a pop-up saying "Voice recording not available." Why wouldn't it be available? Is it a 4.1 thing?

puch96

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
When I try mine, then playback, all I get is static. It does not record well for some reason.... :'(

May 30, 2013
Visit site
I figured out why this is occurring, although I don't think you'll like the answer. It's the new and very cool feature for Google Voice "OK Google" Search from any screen. While this is enabled, it take precedence over any other voice recording apps. To disable the "Google Voice Search from Any Screen" go to Google Search (or Google Now) , settings, voice, "Ok Google" detection, and uncheck *from any screen*. Bummer. :(

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm having a similar issue. I get a voice recording unavailable message. I tried disabling the "from any screen" but that didn't make the problem go away. I'm on android 5.0.1 on an HTC one M8

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair