- 123 Posts
Google Keep -- Unable to Voice Record?
Anybody able to voice record using Google Keep? I asked in the Apps forum, but I'm thinking this may be specific to the One. I can voice record using other apps, but whether it's the widget or the app itself, Keep shows a pop-up saying "Voice recording not available." Why wouldn't it be available? Is it a 4.1 thing?
- 05-11-2013, 11:37 PM #2
- 05-12-2013, 12:43 AM #3
- 08-23-2013, 07:55 AM #4
- 07-09-2014, 01:33 PM #5
- 6 Posts
Re: Google Keep -- Unable to Voice Record?
I figured out why this is occurring, although I don't think you'll like the answer. It's the new and very cool feature for Google Voice "OK Google" Search from any screen. While this is enabled, it take precedence over any other voice recording apps. To disable the "Google Voice Search from Any Screen" go to Google Search (or Google Now) , settings, voice, "Ok Google" detection, and uncheck *from any screen*. Bummer.
- 04-23-2015, 01:48 PM #6
- By Peter Venkman in forum Android AppsReplies: 5Last Post: 05-11-2013, 11:12 PM
- By MadDog_ in forum Verizon Galaxy Note 2Replies: 4Last Post: 05-01-2013, 11:28 PM
- By Shumway in forum Android 4.1 / 4.2 / 4.3 Jelly BeanReplies: 1Last Post: 02-19-2013, 09:04 PM
- By vince3029 in forum T-Mobile HTC SensationReplies: 1Last Post: 06-17-2011, 01:05 PM
- By ZDK in forum HTC EVO 4GReplies: 16Last Post: 06-15-2010, 09:08 PM