Do you conserve CPU usage in Power Saver?

el bos

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
I've had Power Saver enabled since I first got my phone. I decided to uncheck "Conserve CPU usage" and I noticed that my phone was blazing fast right away! Have any of you noticed any difference between having this option enabled or disabled when it comes to battery life?

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Never. I don't get it, like users who pays for LTE and disables it.

I bought a "Nissan GT-R" (S4/One) and will use it to it's fullest.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Haven't really noticed performance issues with it on except for one scenario. Fieldrunners 2 when you're in the higher rounds with a ton of the clones coming out.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

KoukiFC3S

Oct 9, 2009
Visit site
I also disabled the CPU throttling. It doesn't save that much battery. Display brightness & radios are the top battery hogs.

CaCHooKaMan

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
i just turned off power saver altogether. wasnt noticing much difference in the battery life. i do have sleep mode on though.

HawaiiD

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
I've had Power Saver enabled since I first got my phone. I decided to uncheck "Conserve CPU usage" and I noticed that my phone was blazing fast right away! Have any of you noticed any difference between having this option enabled or disabled when it comes to battery life?

Yes I do notice the difference between the two

Sent from my HTC One Coconut Wireless

RaeRae918

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I dont use power saving mode, but it would make sense for your phone to go faster because CPU stands for Central Processing Unit. Which is basically the "brain" of your phone. If i remember correctly from computer class in high school. I personally wouldnt want to use any less.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy