Missed/Declined Calls with No Number in Call History

djshackman

May 2, 2013
Visit site
I've noticed something odd on my Sprint HTC One. Whenever I decline or miss a call, there is one entry for the call in the call history, and then immediately above it will be an "Unknown" entry with NO phone number, same time, which has the outgoing arrow next to it (as opposed to incoming). Is this some sort of a glitch, or maybe something to do with voicemail (happens when I use either Google Voice or Sprint for voicemail)? Anyone else notice this? Thanks.

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
HELL yes! I found this on my HTC one, UK on 3 network. Just noticed it now. Came here to find a solution. Deleting it works until there is another call. For me, it happens when I receive a call, or when I dial one. Always creates UNKNOWN entry as an outgoing call, puts it at the top of the call log, and the details say its a 5:00 minute call duration. A new one is never created after making/receiving a call, if this one is not deleted. Just moves to the top with the same set of details. I tried adding it to my contact list, but that only adds another contact without modifying this call log entry or behaviour. Anybody advise? Cheers.

djshackman

May 2, 2013
Visit site
Well, I'm glad I'm not the only one (or crazy). I'm going to report this to HTC (and now I know it doesn't seem to be a Sprint issue).

djshackman

May 2, 2013
Visit site
I think I found the issue. I use "Headset Button Controller" and have enabled the HTC redial fix, which "adds dummy call with unknown caller to the call list."

EDIT: Confirmed this was causing the issue.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power