Gallery app options and sharing issues via SMS

SMD

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Hello!

My father-in-law got an HTC One and setting him up on it I had 3 main issues that I'd love to see if someone can help with:

1) In his stock gallery app, is there a way to view the camera shots in some sort of easy to see at a glance "grid view" or something?

2) I downloaded Quickpic for him but there didn't seem to be a way to share via SMS. This was very strange to me. Any ideas? Is it a limitation of Quickpic (which I've never seen before on any other android phone) or an issue with the SMS app not playing nicely? Should I get him on a 3rd party SMS like GoSMS or something?

3) Download folder. When he downloads pics from his emails/texts they go into a download folder which isn't accessible by his stock Gallery app as far as I can tell. Is there a way to enable the gallery app to see downloaded pics? Right now what I did was use the quickpic app to access that folder and then made a shortcut to the download folder on his home screen.

Thanks!

mihesq

May 13, 2013
Visit site
1. In Gallery, go to My photos and then camera shots, make sure you are viewing this in albums mode on the top left corner of the screen, this displays all your photos in a grid.

3. Again, in gallery go to My photos and then camera shots, again make sure you are viewing this in albums mode on the top left corner. Then go to the menu icon on the top right corner and select show/hide albums, and make sure your "All Downloads" is selected, then save.

dwd3885

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
just view in 'album' mode. when you are looking at your gallery, tap the 'Event's header at the top and then go to 'Album'. This will get you a grid view

SMD

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
If photos can be easily viewed in that grid layout and then I can also unhide the Download folder than there's probably no need for Quickpic. Especially since quickpic won't give an option currently to send via text/sms.

Blaize19

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
If Quickpic is only showing a few share options, just scroll that list and you will see more options.

Sent from my HTC One S using Android Central Forums

SMD

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
If Quickpic is only showing a few share options, just scroll that list and you will see more options.

No, unfortunately its showing a bunch (with no more to scroll to) but "Messaging" or SMS or text isn't listed for some reason. (I'd post a screen shot but not sure how with that phone...and it's not mine...I'm asking for my father-in-law)

Blaize19

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
No, unfortunately its showing a bunch (with no more to scroll to) but "Messaging" or SMS or text isn't listed for some reason. (I'd post a screen shot but not sure how with that phone...and it's not mine...I'm asking for my father-in-law)

Huh. Sorry, I was going by apps I have used. Must be a limitation of that app in particular. You could contact the dev...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol