HTC One quality issues

Defect or no defect

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jdoee100

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
Mine is absolutely perfect and as to the other discussion, my observation is that everyone wants to validate their purchase but the Samsung owners seem to be much more blind in their loyalty.

One owners want the One to be the best and S4 owners want the S4 to be the best, but there seems to be an added Samsung factor that isn't present with most HTC customers. I assume this has something to do with marketing as I've always been put off by the products themselves, at least in terms of the way they look and feel in the hand (very disappointed in the build quality and hardware in their Galaxy Tab compared to its competitors and now the S4 has top hardware but creaks like all hell if you put any pressure on it). They seem to be getting a little bit of an Apple-like following, but I always felt like Apple got popular due in part to styling, something which Samsung products lack. The push into Best Buy stores surely helps, though.

Really? I find HTC fans blind as a bat. No updates? it's okay. No sd card, no battery removal? who needs them. Only 4 ultra pixel camera? 13 mega pixel is too much. Scratches? you're too careless or i don't care. Phone cover? I don't use them....on and on. HTC can make another thunderbolt, and HTC fans will still love it for its faults. lol

Grizzly_Atoms

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
Really? I find HTC fans blind as a bat. No updates? it's okay. No sd card, no battery removal? who needs them. Only 4 ultra pixel camera? 13 mega pixel is too much. Scratches? you're too careless or i don't care. Phone cover? I don't use them....on and on. HTC can make another thunderbolt, and HTC fans will still love it for its faults. lol

Oh please save it. I owned iPhones for 5 years and I've seen fanboys and nutswingers from every manufacturer. Stop trolling.

jlongrc

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
It's not that there aren't people that love HTC, though the things you're citing are simply people who love their phone and I said there are lots of those of all kinds.

The difference is the phone people will love their phone, might irrationally defend it, but in two years drop HTC like a bad habit if HTC isn't competitive anymore. A Samsung person (or Apple person) would stick with the brand with each new generation, with less (or no) regard to how the products compare to others.

As far as some of the things you're mentioning re: "blind" HTC fans, the S4 people do the same thing. Plastic? Who cares. Numerous reports of screens breaking? User error. The phone creaking and feeling flimsy if you put any pressure on it? Don't worry about that, it's nothing. Flashy camera specs but unusable in low lighting? We only take outside pictures 'round here. Costs more with far less onboard storage compared to One? Irrelevant. Problems with SD storage? Don't exist.

Chances are, you chose the phone you chose because the faults didn't mean much to you with the way you use the phone so you're liable to not see those as legitimate gripes.

If all else fails, you might blindly defend your favorite out of the loyalty I've been talking about.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Chances are, you chose the phone you chose because the faults didn't mean much to you with the way you use the phone

:) Someone sees a different value proposition than me! Oh no!

I would go so far as to even suggest that they're not faults... that they're just different. The distinction between pro and con is highly subjective depending on, not only the usage needs of the consumer, but also on their preconceptions.

ne0ne

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
I have had zero issues with my HTC one. Zero gaps, no dead or stick pixels, etc. Good luck on the next replacement

Posted via Android Central App

lou61166

Banned
Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
Oh please save it. I owned iPhones for 5 years and I've seen fanboys and nutswingers from every manufacturer. Stop trolling.

I agree all phone have their good and bad points and faults being a fanboy you only see what other phones faults are not the faults of the phone you worship!!!!!

Sent From My HTC Droid DNA Using Taptalk

digitallove

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
So far my only defect is a lone dead pixel. I'm not willing to wait forever for a replacement that may have the same problem or worse so I'm hanging onto it. Definitely going to be paying attention to my speakers and other things people have brought up, though.

jdoee100

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
It's not that there aren't people that love HTC, though the things you're citing are simply people who love their phone and I said there are lots of those of all kinds.

The difference is the phone people will love their phone, might irrationally defend it, but in two years drop HTC like a bad habit if HTC isn't competitive anymore. A Samsung person (or Apple person) would stick with the brand with each new generation, with less (or no) regard to how the products compare to others.

As far as some of the things you're mentioning re: "blind" HTC fans, the S4 people do the same thing. Plastic? Who cares. Numerous reports of screens breaking? User error. The phone creaking and feeling flimsy if you put any pressure on it? Don't worry about that, it's nothing. Flashy camera specs but unusable in low lighting? We only take outside pictures 'round here. Costs more with far less onboard storage compared to One? Irrelevant. Problems with SD storage? Don't exist.

Chances are, you chose the phone you chose because the faults didn't mean much to you with the way you use the phone so you're liable to not see those as legitimate gripes.

If all else fails, you might blindly defend your favorite out of the loyalty I've been talking about.

I don't know why my earlier post was deleted by a moderator(i've seen people get away with a lot worse, but then again, this site tends to favor htc than samsung). At risk of getting deleted again or worse getting banned(i don't care, if i get banned i'm not coming back). I must point out my earlier post's main point, which was that many current htc owners will still love and buy htc phones even if they decide to make thunderbolts again. Why?HTC blind fans. This was in response to jlongrc's post about how samsung's fans are more blind than others.
Now in regards to jlongrc's post above...You said, "A Samsung person (or Apple person) would stick with the brand with each new generation, with less (or no) regard to how the products compare to others." Why? because they were very satisfied with their earlier phone. Why change when something's not broken or unless another manufacturer brings out a totally new innovative product(htc one's "innovations" were metal case and design, not overwhelming innovation i would say). This is called building a brand and not about fans being blind.
A lot of complaints you listed like plastic, low lighting camera, screens breaking, sd problems and so on aren't specific to samsung. Many other devices have this issue and are not decision changing issues. HTC problems with no software updates, no sd or battery replacement issues, scratches, etc, these issues are significant issues for a lot of people other than htc fans(proof that these are significant issues is their current marketshare of 4%).
People are going to buy what they like, but don't say samsung fans are more blind, if anything htc fans are equal and probably worse.

--------------update---------------------------------------------
My post didn't get deleted. Sorry, my mistake!!

Last edited:

Topgonzo

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
I don't know why my earlier post was deleted by a moderator(i've seen people get away with a lot worse, but then again, this site tends to favor htc than samsung). At risk of getting deleted again or worse getting banned(i don't care, if i get banned i'm not coming back). I must point out my earlier post's main point, which was that many current htc owners will still love and buy htc phones even if they decide to make thunderbolts again. Why?HTC blind fans. This was in response to jlongrc's post about how samsung's fans are more blind than others.
Now in regards to jlongrc's post above...You said, "A Samsung person (or Apple person) would stick with the brand with each new generation, with less (or no) regard to how the products compare to others." Why? because they were very satisfied with their earlier phone. Why change when something's not broken or unless another manufacturer brings out a totally new innovative product(htc one's "innovations" were metal case and design, not overwhelming innovation i would say). This is called building a brand and not about fans being blind.
A lot of complaints you listed like plastic, low lighting camera, screens breaking, sd problems and so on aren't specific to samsung. Many other devices have this issue and are not decision changing issues. HTC problems with no software updates, no sd or battery replacement issues, scratches, etc, these issues are significant issues for a lot of people other than htc fans(proof that these are significant issues is their current marketshare of 4%).
People are going to buy what they like, but don't say samsung fans are more blind, if anything htc fans are equal and probably worse.

And your purpose of this was?...... Not being too judgmental are we? I like how you group fans together..
We are all individuals and what works for me and makes me happy is all that matters. I don't care if it's Samsung or htc or a piece of crap on the road if I like it and am happy then who cares?
I can speak for myself when I say that I haven't found a experience with a phone to ever be perfect but with the one it's pretty damn close.
There may be issues and nitpicking like you have done but the reasons you state are mainly things I appreciate.
Why would I want a Sd card when the s4 is plagued with problems on the Sd card and the storage isn't as fast or reliable?
Why would I want to pop off a piece of plastic and fumble with a spare battery when mine makes it through a whole day?
Why would I want sloppy touch wiz with features I would never use to make my phone stutter and lag?
Why would I want a screen that is unreliable and has reported issues with it turning blue or going out and not being as sharp or clear in the light?
Truth be Samsung because of advertising has become a apple of Android. It's the face to most because it's the product given to the masses...
Before you come into the one forum and try to swing around your opinion be prepared to only speak for yourself and not for the masses. After all I don't follow the masses a or agree with your opinions

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta

mrbootcrm

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site

So your point is every feature on a phone has its worth determined by sales numbers? And that someone's concern about durability and on board storage of the S4 is not a valid one? Or more importantly you implied that those concerns don't sway people in making their decision? Got it.

jdoee100

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
Hey, I didn't start this argument. Nor did I start "group fans together." Talk about "nitpicking," I think you should read your post first before you start calling other people out about "nitpicking." My response was against someone who "group fans together," specifically samsung fans being more blind than others, when htc fans are even worse.
And Stop "nitpicking" my comments (at least, if you're gonna nitpick, don't tell me to stop "nitpick"). You said, "speak for yourself and not for the masses," when did i claim that i was representing samsung or its fans?
I tell you htc fans are the greatest, the best fans anywhere(too bad, there aren't too many left.) I'm being only little sarcastic when i say this. Truly the best...

Last edited:

jdoee100

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
So your point is every feature on a phone has its worth determined by sales numbers? And that someone's concern about durability and on board storage of the S4 is not a valid one? Or more importantly you implied that those concerns don't sway people in making their decision? Got it.
Yikes, people. Stop putting words into my mouth. I never claimed, "every feature on a phone has its worth determined by sales numbers." When companies(HTC in this case) start to omit features that people want, they're going to have problem selling their phones. I don't understand htc fans who claim that htc sales numbers are all due to their bad advertisements. Or, that samsung's numbers are only due to marketing budget. At some point, when your sales is as low as 4%, you have to start to see that it's more than ads and marketing. Why do you think samsung's brand is so strong against htc. Ads, marketing? Yes, these count, but users continued satisfaction, reliability, features, quality are what really counts in the end. Ads and marketing are cream on the cake, not the cake!

Anyways, I can see that no amount of proofs or numbers are going to change your minds or accept my opinions. I'm not going to fight this down to pettiness(as most of these fights end up being). So, this will be my last post on this op.

Last edited:

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site

There were no posts in this thread that were deleted. I just checked.

Carry on loving companies that don't love you back people.

jdoee100

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
Oops, my bad. When i went through the posts, i didn't see my earlier post. So, I assumed my post to be deleted. I went and checked again, and there it was!! I apologize to androidcentral forum.

"Carry on loving companies that don't love you back people," no i think, this arguing is fun going back and forth. It gets bad or down to pettiness when people don't want to admit their defeat. If i'm wrong, i'm not afraid to admit wrong.

Last edited:

nancybout

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
No. My brother has one and I wish I could see him more LoL but I know his phone was immaculate and he has an otterbox commuter on it cause he doesn't want scratches.
He left the iPhone 5... seen me with my note 2... but works for stocks and something about no Samsung ? With LoL so he isn't ever getting a Samsung.lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

max46108

Jan 9, 2014
Visit site
My htc one I got off smartfonestore.com where I got my last few phones but this time I got a grade b phone instead of a grade a phone and when I received it had loads of dents and a massive scratch down the middle of my phone and also there was a bit where the metal had bent pressing against the volume up button normally it doesn't let me turn the volume up or rarely it doesn't let me turn the volume down

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol