Is the ONE coming to VZW?

YankeeMike

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Any word on this ? or is going to be the DroidOne?

I'm sure it'll be quite sometime; make sure all those S4 peeps are passed their return dates.

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Any word on this ? or is going to be the DroidOne?

I'm sure it'll be quite sometime; make sure all those S4 peeps are passed their return dates.

Short answer: Flip a coin, dude.

Long answer: There has been tons of rumor and speculation. It may, or may not. It may come called the One, it may come called as the DNA+, it may not come at all. Signs are pointing that SOMETHING is coming soonish, and the conjecture is that it will be announced on the 22nd.
Here's what we've got so far in rumor: I was personally told by a Verizon salesperson an HTC phone astoundingly similar to the HTC One would be arriving within a month or two. He told me it would be DROID branded as the DNA+ or HD, and have a slightly different design. LlabTooFer or however you camel hump his name has said the HTC One is coming for Verizon in a month or two, no idea what it would be called or designed. It seems this guy is hit or miss, but moreso hit on his information. After that Verizon put the DNA on sale for free with a promo you have to jump through hoops to obtain. Also if you weren't looking for the info online, you wouldn't know this deal is possible because on vzw.com it shows regular price. This sale ends 21 May, and the upcoming announcement is the 22nd. Finally, a Japanese website has said a new HTC device just passed WiFi certification with a product code extremely similar to the AT&T variant of the HTC One. This new device supposedly supports LTE and CDMA bands, however the only real document I saw myself was the WiFi certification document. This made no mention of CDMA or LTE.

So there you have it. That's all there really is to say about this until we receive a better leak or the announcement is announced.

osubeavs728

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
The simple is "no". There will be no HTC One on VZW. There will probably be a successor to the Droid DNA, but it won't be the "One". The Droid DNA is the US version of the HTC J Butterfly.

HTC Butterfly 2 Rumored To Release In Q3, 2013 | Ubergizmo

Technically the butterfly is the international version of the DNA (since the DNA was first). Also is you're name is referring to a fraternity that has kappa between phi psi?

Jdane07

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Yes, it's difficult to believe otherwise with all the recent "signs".
May 22nd should be the day, unless Verizon is out to disappoint us all again... for the billionth time.

PhiPsi32

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Technically the butterfly is the international version of the DNA (since the DNA was first). Also is you're name is referring to a fraternity that has kappa between phi psi?

Maybe the DNA came first. I'm not clear on the release dates. If VZW does get the HTC One, then I imagine all the secrecy behind the release is designed to limit competition with the Samsung S4. We'll find out pretty soon.

ΦΚΨ? Could be . . .

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
This is why I went with att. Verizon isn't consistent with all of the releases. Slow and all.

Posted via Android Central App

charlee08

Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
I've heard that either Verizon was going to release the One in July or August or come out with pretty much a One, just with a different name, like DNA+, etc.

Sent from my HTC One

osubeavs728

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
Maybe the DNA came first. I'm not clear on the release dates. If VZW does get the HTC One, then I imagine all the secrecy behind the release is designed to limit competition with the Samsung S4. We'll find out pretty soon.

ΦΚΨ? Could be . . .

The dna was a joint venture between vzw and htc, which I think might be a big reason why they are trying to push the release of another htc out as much as possible. That and we all know how much money the machine that is Samsung brings in for carriers, so release conflicts also probably play a big role.

Well L. E. D. E. my good man. . .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781