Should I stay or should I go

Hush Martin

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
There are a few choices for this type of function, but Auto screen on was free and my favorite of the free ones. I came from the 4s and DO NOT miss the home button anymore. :D Fyi, you may have to play with the settings a bit. I have mine set on the more sensitive end of the suggested settings and have the proximity set to single tap. I've not noticed any battery issues or drainage from this.

As for the S4, for me the deal breakers were the totally crappy low light pictures, the back mounted speaker (who thought this was a good idea?! STUPID!) and the cluster-**** that is touchwiz. As for sd card or battery-- I have had both options in the past and I have NEVER, I mean never ever, replaced or removed either one. SD cards typically run slower than on-board storage (thus why some apps require installation on board) and with cloud music on google play, I don't miss having the option of more storage than the 32g on my One.

There's a massive learning curve coming from a 4s... but the more I learn about this phone, the more I love it.

karmamule

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
So many factors come down to personal preference between these two phones. You really need to go somewhere where you can spend a reasonable amount of time using both phones, not just a couple minutes. If you can get a chance to use them without a security tether on them too that would be very helpful, maybe a salesperson will let you. Come up with a few things you do LOTS every day and then try doing them on each phone. See which one makes you happiest doing the things you'll be doing the most.

James E1

Trusted Member
Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
Is weight really that big of a concern? If I had to make a choice based on weight I would go with the heavier one. Heavier just seems more solid IMO.

estebancam

May 7, 2010
Visit site
I have spoken to several people with the S4 and they all say they can't get their Air View features to work correctly. They don't work consistently.

Plus the features of the HTC one are ones that you would use on a much more regular basis.

Posted via Android Central App

Johnny Roberts

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
I love both. I'll defend both.

1) Take away the gimmicky features people complain about on the s4, it's still one of the most powerful and feature packed phones I have ever experienced. With an awesome camera to boot.

2) The HTC One is just as amazing, and less bloated.

Give them both a try, and keep the one you find yourself more compelled to. That's what I did.

jonathan2677

May 8, 2013
Visit site
I have both and love both, I've been using the s4.as my daily, but I love the one enough that I have to own it also, as far as its features my air view, smart stay, smart pause, air scroll are all flawless features I use daily as far as the smart scroll with the eyes I don't care for again it's gonna be preference

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2

LouCap

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I switched from an HTC EVO to a S2, and then to an S3, so I've tried both interfaces. And while there were improvements, I never felt there were an "Eureka" improvements in either of my Samsung phones. When the new HTC ONE came out, I thought I'd give it a try, because the improvements to the S4 just didn't impress me enough to go Samsung again. After having had the ONE for a few weeks now...WOW. It's great to be back in the HTC space. I really DO prefer Sense over Touchwiz. If the phone is heavier, I don't really notice it. I do notice the quality feel of the handset, the awesome sound of the speakers, and the vibrant screen I can see in direct sunlight. To each their own, but you really do owe it to yourself to at least play with a ONE and see what you think.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Coming from the iPhone 5 I really like the HTC One. The design is great. The few things that bother me is charge time but I can get past that and the lack if a physical home button. I was thinkingif switching to the galaxy s4 but not sure. The touchwiz looks kinda old. And really. Who is going to usr all of the stuff in the phone. But it's lighter. Like the feel if it as well.

Opinions. Should I stay or should I go.

The TouchWiz and the gimmicky features arguments are irrelevant. TouchWiz can be replaced by downloading Nova or any other launcher. I prefer Nova myself, but ADW, and GO launchers are good. Most, if not all, of the gimmicky features could be disabled through Settings>Motion or Display. (I don't have an S4, but on my S3 under Motion is where my gimmicky features are.)

Legitimate arguments for not getting an S4 would be location of the speakers, the fact that the S4 shows more of a bluish white than a pure white, etc...

But lastly, I would say for whatever reasons you stay with Device X, have it be for your reasons, not ours. Both the One and the S4 are solid devices.

Jakiro201

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
It all comes down to personal preference. You can't just be forced to choose this device or that device. I came from an iPhone 4 and I never regret my decision. The physical button has been causing me problems because it gets less responsive over time, so I had to use activator instead. The small screen has prevented me from watching youtube because it's just too small for me. I didn't choose Samsung because of TouchWiz and the build quality. Played with TouchWiz and it's just a bit too colourful for me and the menu is not as stylish as sense. And my cousins S3 has been getting slower and slower overtime so he advised me not to get samsung products ever again. Although when the Note 3 comes out, I will give it a try.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Jaimeg123prmt

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Coming from the iPhone 5 I really like the HTC One. The design is great. The few things that bother me is charge time but I can get past that and the lack if a physical home button. I was thinkingif switching to the galaxy s4 but not sure. The touchwiz looks kinda old. And really. Who is going to usr all of the stuff in the phone. But it's lighter. Like the feel if it as well.

Opinions. Should I stay or should I go.

Well, the s4 does not have flash player support, unless you download it from the archives and install a third party browser; and even then, it does not work too well like it does on the s3 and HTC One.

dazjb

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
Or you could go my route, carry both. I just can't seem to give up my iPhone 5, even though I find it boring. I installed Auto Screen On on the One which saves having to repeatedly press the shallow on button, btw.

Awesome find, just installed it and it works a treat :D

mayconvert

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
Also give the LG Optimus G Pro a look. Fast, NO lag, native email client works with me.com emails, it's 5.5" of beauty on the screen. it doesn't take but 1 day to get used to the size vs iPhone.
I just switched from iPhone 5 to the LG Pro like 5 days ago. I am in LOVE with the device. There are 10000 work arounds to iCloud. You just have to find them and use them.

I couldn't be happier. Unless iOS 7 blows my mind AND they release something larger than 4"... im staying on my LG Optimus G Pro and Android.

TimmyB

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
I just KNEW I was going to get the S4. I mean, absolutely KNEW! I watched the entire intro from NYC, couldn't wait to hold it in my hands, the whole experience, ya' know? Then, I went to the store and held the One and the S4. Bought two Ones the next week, when I was eligible to upgrade! I think Samsung makes great phones, but to continue on with that car analogy: Yeah, you can have that Cadillac that everyone knows, or you can have the Jag, the one that turns heads and has people saying "What the hell is that? It's FABULOUS!" I took the Jags. Style AND substance. Nothing wrong with that.

coggster

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I had the iphone 5 and got the one and don't regret it. I though about the submit have had touch wiz veggie and didn't really like it. Love what HTC have done with Sense now.

In fact I still have my iphone 5 but haven't even turned it on since getting the one, bye iOS ;-)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma