Nfc beaming to a different Nfc phone not working.

icellphones32

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
Just got my htc one and trying to beam some stuff to my GS4, any reason why it won't even acknowledge the fact that 2 nfc phones are close together????

ratchetjaw#AC

Oct 27, 2009
Visit site
It works. Have done it with my Lg Optimus Pro to and from my Htc One. Odd thing it didn't with my s4 always went to the market and said not available or something like that. Someone mentioned turning of s beam. I didn't think to try that.

Sent using Tapatalk 2

HawaiiD

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
It works. Have done it with my Lg Optimus Pro to and from my Htc One. Odd thing it didn't with my s4 always went to the market and said not available or something like that. Someone mentioned turning of s beam. I didn't think to try that.

Sent using Tapatalk 2

My One works with a Evo 4G LTE

Sent from my HTC One Coconut Wireless

Duke007down

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I have no problems beaming from my HTC One to Galaxy S3 and HTC One X. May be a Galaxy S4 thing.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Android Central Forums

ratchetjaw#AC

Oct 27, 2009
Visit site
I tried everything, still doesnt work. Doesn't beep or anything when I put both phones together sending a pic or any file.

One thing I noticed the Htc One has to be lower than the other phone also. Almost the white lines at the other phones camera level or lower

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk 2

TheyStoleMyName

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
I hate it when you try to beam something and it goes to the play store. If theres a case on it, it could affect it. It has a very small range if a cm or two. Also ive notice that sometimes you have to move the phones around to fine a sweet spot. Im not sure where the nfc radio is located on the one but im sure they still put the nfc in battery for the s4 like the .s3

Sent from my LG-E970 using Android Central Forums

roflwaffleton

May 19, 2012
Visit site
From the AnandTech article:

"The camera aperture sits near the top of the One and has a third small plastic band attaching it to the primary one. It turns out this is a critical feature to enable NFC, whose active area is the loop antenna formed by the ring around the camera."

You might have to align the active areas or "sweet spots" on both phones to get it to work.

icellphones32

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
Ok thanks it worked! You do have to put the Htc one lower to the GS4 where the battery is and it works. I beamed 7 movies one at a time with no problems. Sweet

icellphones32

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
yeah its very simple, you just put the two phones back to each other and it automatically beams whatever file photo or movie that you have on your screen

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae