The HTC One has kind of saved the mobile market...

Status
Not open for further replies.

madlaw1071

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
It's not targeting a group of ppl. It was a way to advertives a feature in the phone. Samsung advertives nfc most of the time. It's not targeting a group because if it was then Samsung would target the family who arr sexy freaks in o e if there gs3 commercials.

When the evo brand was out Samsung had it's epic line out and everyone wanted the evo.

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums

It targeting. Boom sound has little appeal to to the mass market. It's a nice gimmick for teens and young adults to show off but that's about it.

Posted via Android Central App

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
All you guys have no business talking about phones, you are clueless about what makes a phone. NONE of you guys in ALL the post in this thread have mention anything about the hardware in these phones. I cant believe the IGNORANCE you guys display!! HTC has to come out with 3 or 4 phones??? heres a quote that proves my point " HTC dropped the ball 3yrs ago and its going to take at least 3-4 phones great ones at that in order to gain that foot hole like Samsung has right now" What the heck are you talking about, i love to hear what you think makes a good phone. You no clue as to what hardware thats in your phone now and i bet you dont have a clue as to where to look on your phone to find out. Like i said quadcore equals massive battery usage and only 2 cores run 90% percent of the time, so people paid outrageous amount of money for something that doesnt even get used. THe evo 3d with dualcore snapdragon ADRENO processor can be overclocked to 2ghz and run stable, and there isnt another dualcore that runs better, and quadcores only use 2 cores 90% percent of the time and they dont go over 1.5ghz most of the time. but heaven forbid we start talking about the hardware, then all you guys would have to be quiet. is there anyone of you guys that can talk about the hardware which really what makes a phone. All you guys need to get a grip and HTC has nothing to prove to a bunch of fools like you guys.

Overall experience vs. RAW power. Guess which regular consumers care about? Sure. The hardware behind the phone matters somewhat. But most use buzzwords like quadcore or megapixels as bragging points not really knowing the meaning behind them.

HTC is on the decline. Their numbers show that. They actually have a lot to "prove" to us, to the market, and to their investors.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
how can you talk about its success without mentioning what makes it successful???? your the one who needs to read! Really your gonna talk about it success in the market without mention what made it successful!!! get a grip! nice try on trying to clown me. All you guys should be posting smartass replies to me because the fact is how can you talk about the success of anything when you dont even know what makes it successful? And my point is that because it makes money or not doesnt mean the the product is good. All it means is that idiots fell for the marketing scams. Lets have a real talk about it, like how it works and how is the HTC ONE different the than S4 and the Iphone. Not just looking at which made more money. You cant because you dont have a clue as to what the physical differences are. Mr eric kane said that HTC needs to come out with 3 or 4 better phones, How should they come out and make a better phone????? You never address that and he doesnt say, plus thats to assume that they are making bad phones, I say how the heck do you know when you cant tell what the difference between besides what happens in the market, which actually is you guys should be talking about how successful the marketing scam that is for these phones, not the functioning of them. You are trying to tell me that because 1 phone sold more than another that it means that it is better and i say horse ****. And when you that sansung is equated with Android, i say your dead wrong. you guys dont realize their is no substance in your opinions. You guys just like to hear yourselves talk.

iPhone success = good enough phone with great marketing behind it.

GS3/Note 2/GS4 success = good enough phone with great marketing behind it.

HTC One.... good phone. But where's the marketing?

The iPhone, the Galaxy series, and One- they're all good phones. Yet in terms of sales, in terms of market share, in terms of mind share, the One is nowhere on the level of the iPhone 5 and Galaxy S4. Who here is saying the One isn't a good phone? That's not what we're saying.

It's a good phone but far from the savior from Apple and Samsung that the OP makes it out to be.

No one is really arguing specs here.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
It targeting. Boom sound has little appeal to to the mass market. It's a nice gimmick for teens and young adults to show off but that's about it.

It has more appeal for the mass market than anything NFC does.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Johnny Roberts

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
I love the tagline," It's everything your phone isn't", but that has little resonance with the public if you don't show them why. Boom Speakers (lousy name) and Blinkfeed just isn't enough. What do most people latch onto when talking up this phone? The beauty of it. It needs to be conveyed in their advertising. They really need to go after Iphone users who are bored with the same old thing.

I also have yet to see them take advantage of the remarkable reviews this phone has received. A strategy that worked so well for the original HTC Evo.

crowel57

May 17, 2013
Visit site
I always had HTCs, starting with the Nexus One. I loved how solid they felt., whereas all the other smart phones felt like cheap plastic. When I sat in water for 15 minutes with my Vivid in my pocket, I assumed it wad going to be dead (it wasn't) so I went to get a new phone. I did a lot if research on the One X vs S4, then compared them in store. I decided to try out the Samsung for a change and just get an otter box to protect its Saran wrap casing. I don't expect to ever go back to HTC again. The Samsung software blows the HTC away. The HTCs, rooted and unrooted were constantly glitchy. They never ran smoothly, and I just assumed it was an android problem until I got the S4. I've had it for about 6 months now, and have not had a single issue with it. All of this was just to point out, HTCs look great on paper, but don't even come close to Samsung, in reality. Unless they make a major change to their software.

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site

You're calling THAT a gimmick? What's more gimmicky, loud and crisp speakers and sound quality or waving your hand to answer a phone call?

Sent from my pure Google Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

madlaw1071

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
You're calling THAT a gimmick? What's more gimmicky, loud and crisp speakers and sound quality or waving your hand to answer a phone call?

Sent from my pure Google Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

They're both gimmicks. But HTC has bet the house on gimmicks like Boom Sound and Ultra Pixel whereas Samsungs gimmicks are just add ons to a comprehensive list of features.

Eric Kane

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Actually, its EXACTLY what they should be focusing on because there aren't any other phones with them.

I disagree. They should be focusing on the design and the camera. BoomSound, while very nice, won't speak to a lot of people given that most just use headphones.

People read the specs and see a 4MP camera, regardless of what they name it. They need to show how good the camera can be, starting with Zoe.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I disagree. They should be focusing on the design and the camera. BoomSound, while very nice, won't speak to a lot of people given that most just use headphones.

People read the specs and see a 4MP camera, regardless of what they name it. They need to show how good the camera can be, starting with Zoe.

Average consumers don't read the specs.

madlaw1071

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site

They can't really focus on the camera since except for low light it doesn't compare favorably to other flagships. HTC would be wise to bump the mp on the One + or whatever the next iterations is. If they can increase the detail of the photos and keep the low light performance they would have a winner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084