Wifi turning off despite "keep wifi on during sleep" set to "always"

yuiness

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm on Tmobile's 100min plan, and use a VoIP app to make calls over wifi whenever possible. I've noticed that my wifi seems to be turning itself off during long idle periods, such as overnight while I sleep. I have the "Keep wifi on during sleep" setting set to "Always," but still no dice. Any thoughts?

Frank Estevez

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
I'm on Tmobile's 100min plan, and use a VoIP app to make calls over wifi whenever possible. I've noticed that my wifi seems to be turning itself off during long idle periods, such as overnight while I sleep. I have the "Keep wifi on during sleep" setting set to "Always," but still no dice. Any thoughts?
If you have power saver enabled, try unchecking the last box to prevent the data connection from going to sleep when the screen is off. Also, do you have any battery saver apps?

yuiness

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
If you have power saver enabled, try unchecking the last box to prevent the data connection from going to sleep when the screen is off. Also, do you have any battery saver apps?

Power saver isn't enabled, and not using any power saving apps. I do have a Tasker profile that turns off wifi if it's been disconnected for more than 10 minutes, but I don't think that should make a difference...

May 10, 2013
Visit site
Did you ever get this resolved? I've had the same thing since I got my HTC One and it's getting really annoying now after 'putting up with it' from the start, because I was so pleased with everything else about the phone!!

John Cyrille Ong

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
It did made a difference since Tasker turns it of when you get disconnected for more than ten (10) minutes
Your device will never ever turn the wifi on again because there is no application/option on your phone to do that.
It will stay off forever not unless you wake up in the morning, noticing that the wifi has been turned off by the Tasker, realizing that you didn't installed an application or even had an option responsible for turning the wifi back on after its been off,...thereby screwing my day up because I had that too (Tasker) since i didn't got emails sent to me by my colleague.

jkresnak

Jul 12, 2016
Visit site
I have the same issue here with my HTC, when I leave any Wi-Fi my phone goes in to Power Saving Mode, has the little green leaf with it and notifies me, "Turning Wi-Fi off for Power Saving Mode"... I have tried to figure this out in settings to disable this feature and thought I was successful , but nope, no luck! I had to increase my Data through my carrier due to this complication. I'm missing the previous phones I had because this is proving to be a costly inconvenience!! #IThelpneededASAP

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc