Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 87
Like Tree33Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default HTC ONE camera consistently BLURRY!?!

    Hey everyone,

    so i returned my first htc one because it was having some bugs however my new one is driving me nuts... went to dinner with my friend and i was using every mode possible to get a good night outdoor picture (being that the htc was so hyped about being able to take amazing pictures) every single picture came out blurry. i tried every mode! normal mode, night more and HDR mode. also it took a couple seconds for the picture to take after i tapped on the screen to take it (i had it under the setting to tap to take a picture) HDR lag was even worse oh my god. i really have no clue whats going on. maybe ATT will have an update for this i have no idea. here is a sample picture of my friend (this was one of the clearer shots). hopefully im not crazy and this isnt normal because im really hoping i dont have to go back to my iphone . also every picture looks so pixelated. and im seeing such AMAZING shots on other peoples posts on this forum.

    Appreciate all the help!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HTC ONE camera consistently BLURRY!?!-imag0025-1-.jpg  
  2. #2  

    Default Re: HTC ONE camera consistently BLURRY!?!

    Quote Originally Posted by gabriel ammar View Post
    Hey everyone,

    so i returned my first htc one because it was having some bugs however my new one is driving me nuts... went to dinner with my friend and i was using every mode possible to get a good night outdoor picture (being that the htc was so hyped about being able to take amazing pictures) every single picture came out blurry. i tried every mode! normal mode, night more and HDR mode. also it took a couple seconds for the picture to take after i tapped on the screen to take it (i had it under the setting to tap to take a picture) HDR lag was even worse oh my god. i really have no clue whats going on. maybe ATT will have an update for this i have no idea. here is a sample picture of my friend (this was one of the clearer shots). hopefully im not crazy and this isnt normal because im really hoping i dont have to go back to my iphone . also every picture looks so pixelated. and im seeing such AMAZING shots on other peoples posts on this forum.

    Appreciate all the help!
  3. #3  

    Default Re: HTC ONE camera consistently BLURRY!?!

    I have yet to get a great picture either with my AT&T One. They all turn out blurry, pixelated, lacking detail, etc. It doesn't matter if I'm outside, inside, all of my pictures of people, pets, objects, or landscapes, are all awful. Try and take one in almost an entirely dark room, I get a massive delay while the phone struggles to decide what to do. I never had a camera issue with my One X.

    Sent from my HTC One
  4. #4  

    Default Re: HTC ONE camera consistently BLURRY!?!

    Thus is a picture I took today.. good quality?

    Sent from my HTCONE using Android Central Forums
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HTC ONE camera consistently BLURRY!?!-uploadfromtaptalk1368946984500.jpg  
  5. #5  

    Default Re: HTC ONE camera consistently BLURRY!?!

    Quote Originally Posted by gabriel ammar View Post
    Hey everyone,

    so i returned my first htc one because it was having some bugs however my new one is driving me nuts... went to dinner with my friend and i was using every mode possible to get a good night outdoor picture (being that the htc was so hyped about being able to take amazing pictures) every single picture came out blurry. i tried every mode! normal mode, night more and HDR mode. also it took a couple seconds for the picture to take after i tapped on the screen to take it (i had it under the setting to tap to take a picture) HDR lag was even worse oh my god. i really have no clue whats going on. maybe ATT will have an update for this i have no idea. here is a sample picture of my friend (this was one of the clearer shots). hopefully im not crazy and this isnt normal because im really hoping i dont have to go back to my iphone . also every picture looks so pixelated. and im seeing such AMAZING shots on other peoples posts on this forum.

    Appreciate all the help!
    Your camera was focusing on the area behind your friends right shoulder. That area is in focus. Did you tap the focus box or just shoot a pic? Without seeing your camera settings its difficult to diagnose the issue.

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

    Default Re: HTC ONE camera consistently BLURRY!?!

    @jhbthree - nope this was just while clicking the shutter button but it takes forever to focus and take a picture... Let alone get a clear one withoutflash.

    @ssiebor14 - no the ppictures quality is also awful especially for daylight. You can't tell any detail on the guys watch and it's not sharp. It's weird because my iPhone 4 takes better pictures than this it might be the Att phones.

    Pauley - you think contacting HTC would help or dealing straight with att because I already used my 14 day phone return and this is way too aggravating especially since I rushed to get the phone before my two week trip to Europe tomorrow! HTC helppppp
  7. #7  

    Default Re: HTC ONE camera consistently BLURRY!?!

    Quote Originally Posted by gabriel ammar View Post
    @jhbthree - nope this was just while clicking the shutter button but it takes forever to focus and take a picture... Let alone get a clear one withoutflash.

    @ssiebor14 - no the ppictures quality is also awful especially for daylight. You can't tell any detail on the guys watch and it's not sharp. It's weird because my iPhone 4 takes better pictures than this it might be the Att phones.

    Pauley - you think contacting HTC would help or dealing straight with att because I already used my 14 day phone return and this is way too aggravating especially since I rushed to get the phone before my two week trip to Europe tomorrow! HTC helppppp
    I believe the reason why it did it in the picture you posted is because of the bright light behind your friend. It focused on that. Did you try tapping the focus box?

    It is also possible that you just had too little light to take the picture.

    Also, there's no way the iPhone 4 takes better pictures. It is inferior in every way to the camera on the One.

    Can you screenshot your camera settings so we can see?

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

    Default Re: HTC ONE camera consistently BLURRY!?!

    Trust me I took maybe 15 different pictures for every angle (also with[BOX][/BOX] him taking a picture of me from the other angle) nothing came out sharp at all so we ended up using my friends iPhone 4s to take pictures of the evening. I'm on my phone so I have no idea how to attach a screenshot however it was in night mode. Face detection on. Self timer off. Crop was wide. Iso was auto. White balance was auto. Continuous shooting was on and lock focus on video was on. I'm not good with the settings so. I didn't mess around with it. I tried taking a picturein every mode. EEven tried portrait and I tried tapping the square to focus I tried it all.
  9. #9  

    Default Re: HTC ONE camera consistently BLURRY!?!

    Was your flash on?
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

    Default Re: HTC ONE camera consistently BLURRY!?!

    Also the scene was Normal. I figured that meant it would automatically figure the best shot.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by LindtChocolate View Post
    Was your flash on?
    No when you select night mode it automatically disables the flash.
  11. #11  

    Default Re: HTC ONE camera consistently BLURRY!?!

    Quote Originally Posted by gabriel ammar View Post
    Pauley - you think contacting HTC would help or dealing straight with att because I already used my 14 day phone return and this is way too aggravating especially since I rushed to get the phone before my two week trip to Europe tomorrow! HTC helppppp
    Yes, I actually addressed the camera quality and my other observations with Erick an HTC rep on Reddit last Tuesday: Pau1ey comments on Hello Reddit. I will be answering your questions for the HTC One in this thread! Join in!
  12. #12  

    Default Re: HTC ONE camera consistently BLURRY!?!

    Use zoe, would really help a lot taking the best picture

    Posted via Android Central App
    mstrblueskys likes this.
  13. #13  

    Default Re: HTC ONE camera consistently BLURRY!?!

    I'm really starting to wish people would search the forum before asking these things... but anyway. The key here is DO NOT use night mode. Night mode is for pitch black darkness, or nearly pitch black-- like if you were using a single candle to light the room. Use normal mode for low light pictures but do NOT use flash. This came from a friend who works pretty high up in our region of ATT, and it works. Night mode slows your shutter speed down too much, thus how it can get blurry. It isn't necessary in regular low like (like bars, etc) because of the way that the camera sensor is designed to draw in extra light.

    Quote Originally Posted by gabriel ammar View Post
    Also the scene was Normal. I figured that meant it would automatically figure the best shot.

    - - - Updated - - -



    No when you select night mode it automatically disables the flash.
  14. #14  

    Default Re: HTC ONE camera consistently BLURRY!?!

    My HTC One takes absolutely fantastic night shots. I have never, ever taken a picture with my HTC One as bad as the one I see here.... and it definitely does not take a couple of seconds on my unit.

    I have the T-Mobile unit. Maybe different firmware? I have tried SPrint units and TMobile units personally. I own a TMobile one and use the camera quite a bit. Sprint demo at work. I will try our AT&T unit and compare to see if there are any discrepancies and then I will return here.

    But based on my unit and the Sprint one I try sometimes, the camera is absolutely gorgeous in all scenarios. The only thing I don't like it that it seems to focus too much on the center, making the very edges of the picture blurry due to lack of focus from the camera. This most likely has to do with the larger aperture.
  15. #15  
    HawaiiD's Avatar

    Posts
    1,084 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,104 Global Posts
    Carrier
    CM7 7.1 / Tiamat 3.3.7

    Default Re: HTC ONE camera consistently BLURRY!?!

    Quote Originally Posted by estebancam View Post
    My HTC One takes absolutely fantastic night shots. I have never, ever taken a picture with my HTC One as bad as the one I see here.... and it definitely does not take a couple of seconds on my unit.

    I have the T-Mobile unit. Maybe different firmware? I have tried SPrint units and TMobile units personally. I own a TMobile one and use the camera quite a bit. Sprint demo at work. I will try our AT&T unit and compare to see if there are any discrepancies and then I will return here.

    But based on my unit and the Sprint one I try sometimes, the camera is absolutely gorgeous in all scenarios. The only thing I don't like it that it seems to focus too much on the center, making the very edges of the picture blurry due to lack of focus from the camera. This most likely has to do with the larger aperture.
    What is the Sprint versions software number? Sprint recently got an update. That update could have helped with the camera issues that have been reported

    Sent from my HTC One Coconut Wireless
  16. #16  

    Default Re: HTC ONE camera consistently BLURRY!?!

    I thought the OP posy picture was a little blurry... The wedding picture one I though was good. Looks like my Galaxy S3 one. Nothing crazy but still good imo.


    Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HTC ONE camera consistently BLURRY!?!-uploadfromtaptalk1369078235595.jpg   HTC ONE camera consistently BLURRY!?!-uploadfromtaptalk1369078295110.jpg  
  17. #17  

    Default Re: HTC ONE camera consistently BLURRY!?!

    Quote Originally Posted by HawaiiD View Post
    What is the Sprint versions software number? Sprint recently got an update. That update could have helped with the camera issues that have been reported

    Sent from my HTC One Coconut Wireless
    Doubtful, the change log didn't mention anything related to the camera.

    Sprint's HTC One getting an OTA update | Android Central - http://m.androidcentral.com/sprint-s...ing-ota-update

    Sent from my HTC One
  18. #18  

    Default Re: HTC ONE camera consistently BLURRY!?!

    I had the same problem, had to return it for that reason call HTC I even send them a video I took, it just could not solve the problem so it wend back and got me the Samsung S4. Good luck, i think it is going to be a big problem with all those phones.
  19. #19  

    Default Re: HTC ONE camera consistently BLURRY!?!

    Quote Originally Posted by gabriel ammar View Post
    Hey everyone,

    so i returned my first htc one because it was having some bugs however my new one is driving me nuts... went to dinner with my friend and i was using every mode possible to get a good night outdoor picture (being that the htc was so hyped about being able to take amazing pictures) every single picture came out blurry. i tried every mode! normal mode, night more and HDR mode. also it took a couple seconds for the picture to take after i tapped on the screen to take it (i had it under the setting to tap to take a picture) HDR lag was even worse oh my god. i really have no clue whats going on. maybe ATT will have an update for this i have no idea. here is a sample picture of my friend (this was one of the clearer shots). hopefully im not crazy and this isnt normal because im really hoping i dont have to go back to my iphone . also every picture looks so pixelated. and im seeing such AMAZING shots on other peoples posts on this forum.

    Appreciate all the help!
    Looks like crap. What are the details. ISO / shutter speed?
  20. #20  
    KineticMD's Avatar
    Would-be Doc

    Posts
    207 Posts
    Carrier
    Friggin' Jelly Bean

    Default Re: HTC ONE camera consistently BLURRY!?!

    I actually experienced this problem recently too. It comes and goes and is most prevalent in very bright light, like the lens doesn't know what to focus on and freaks out. Even when setting everything back to default it persisted.
    Sedonastan likes this.
  21. #21  

    Default Re: HTC ONE camera consistently BLURRY!?!

    Quote Originally Posted by KineticMD View Post
    I actually experienced this problem recently too. It comes and goes and is most prevalent in very bright light, like the lens doesn't know what to focus on and freaks out. Even when setting everything back to default it persisted.
    I'm wondering if we're experiencing defective cameras or bad software, neither of which is good for HTC.

    Sent from my HTC One
  22. #22  

    Default Re: HTC ONE camera consistently BLURRY!?!

    The only time I have an issue with it is doing mobile check deposits.

    Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums
    robstunner likes this.
  23. #23  

    Default Re: HTC ONE camera consistently BLURRY!?!

    I exchanged my HTC one for the galaxy s4. My unit was defective and every single time pictures came out blurry and out of focus no matter what you did. I got tired of it and the unresponsive buttons and decided to go with the S4.. A much better phone in my opinion. I really wanted to like the HTC one but the truth is it is just a pretty overhyped phone.

    Sent from my SPH-L720 using Android Central Forums
    jrvtecaccord and procol like this.
  24. #24  
    mstrblueskys's Avatar

    Posts
    896 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,193 Global Posts
    Carrier
    MeanROM

    Default Re: HTC ONE camera consistently BLURRY!?!

    I had the same issue, but if you make sure to tap the screen to focus or take Zoes, your problem will be solved.
  25. #25  

    Default Re: HTC ONE camera consistently BLURRY!?!

    My pictures have been great on my AT&T One. There were a few times where I hit "something" in settings/etc & I didn't know how to undo whatever I did. Therefore my pics weren't as good as before. And yes, even one time the shutter was extremely slow/laggy.
    I was able to resolve these issues by going into settings & reset camera to default settings. So you might wanna give that a try.

    Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums
    chefscallop likes this.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Updated HTC One Camera is NICE!!!
    By svinyard in forum HTC One M7
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 03-27-2013, 11:28 AM
  2. HTC One Camera = Awesome! Videos inside
    By bjones521 in forum HTC One M7
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-25-2013, 06:51 PM
  3. HTC One Camera vs Galaxy S4
    By RG129 in forum HTC One M7
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-24-2013, 09:27 PM
  4. HTC one camera vs Samsung Galaxy S4
    By Sniper1087 in forum HTC One M7
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-19-2013, 10:02 PM
  5. htc one camera on sensation?
    By wally27 in forum T-Mobile HTC Sensation
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-12-2012, 01:39 PM

Posting Permissions