Use for an NFC Tag.

scooter7

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
thats a great idea! Curious, have you thought of any other "hidden" spots for nfc tags? Was thinking to put one on my nightstand for alarm clocks, but didnt want to just stick it in plain sight. Also had a great idea for any music lovers! Place a tag on your guitar that launches a guitar tuner app, or place a tag somwhere on a drum kit that launches a metronome!

I'm still trying to find a hiding spot for one that I created to turn on bluetooth and open Google Music to play music through my bluetooth receiver, but haven't found a good hiding spot yet.

ksavaiano

May 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm still trying to find a hiding spot for one that I created to turn on bluetooth and open Google Music to play music through my bluetooth receiver, but haven't found a good hiding spot yet.

I might want to put one in my car to open my music app since i dont have bluetooth, but then again its like two clicks away haha Ill probably just keep one in my office to turn on wifi, turn vibrate on, and turn off data, and just set it as a toggle so when im leaving i can tap it, and then when i get home ill tap a new one to kick on my wifi! Yet i still dont know where i will put the ones at home. But as i said itd be very cool to have them hidden so people are just like "wtf?" then ill get a keychain to take to the gym with me to tap it to turn off any unnessecary radios and turn on my music app! Any ideas for some good hidden uses would be great (some that wouldnt mean i have to drill in to my desk) or some other innovative uses! like one on the wall to turn on a flashlight at night or something.

bbaker901

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Have you noticed any difference in battery performance using NFC. I would think you would have to keep it enabled all the time right?

I have NFC on all the time and I haven't noticed any affects on my battery life. It lasts all day, and I'm a heavy user (facebook, games, banking, netflix, and web browsing). So, with all that, it lasts for me roughly from 5am to about 7pm on most days before I plug it up and at that time it's at about 15%.

bbaker901

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Which NFC Tasker App are you using? I put "NFC Tasker App" into a search and a bazillion choices came up. Paid or free, and which one?

I apologize. I meant to say I use the NFC Task Launcher App. That's the first one that pops up in the play store and that's the one I used.

scooter7

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I apologize. I meant to say I use the NFC Task Launcher App. That's the first one that pops up in the play store and that's the one I used.

Which NFC Tasker App are you using? I put "NFC Tasker App" into a search and a bazillion choices came up. Paid or free, and which one?

I posted the link for the NFC Task Launcher earlier in this thread, but here it is again.

I downloaded the NFC Task Launcher (https://forums.androidcentral.com/e.../store/apps/d...actionlauncher&token=zbvBbiBF) on my Nexus 7 to write on a free tag I had gotten from some promo. After downloading it, there was a link on the the app developer's site for a pair of free tags from the the developer, in exchange for a short survey.

anon(5976560)

May 10, 2013
Visit site
Great idea with the tag hidden behind the light switch cover!

For folks that want to use their tags to exchange information, Thumbtag makes setting up a smart poster tag very easy. Each tag gets its own page and can be found via the SEARCH FOR TAGS function. It's a great idea for store-front businesses!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seniorengineerdood