Transferring iTunes music onto HTC Sync Manager - Problems ! lol

David Shirley

May 19, 2013
Visit site
I'm sorry if i'm bringing up a topic that has already been solved, after owning a few iPhones over they years i've decided to purchase an Andriod Phone. I've started transferring my music thru the sync manager but it keeps separating the tracks from the same album into seperate album folders, any advice would be extremley helpful lol !

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm sorry if i'm bringing up a topic that has already been solved, after owning a few iPhones over they years i've decided to purchase an Andriod Phone. I've started transferring my music thru the sync manager but it keeps separating the tracks from the same album into seperate album folders, any advice would be extremley helpful lol !
Why don't you just drag the music on to your phone. Just plug it in and transfer like it's a usb drive. You have a folder called music.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

David Shirley

May 19, 2013
Visit site
That sounds a lot more easier, what is the reason tho for my music being all over the show when transferring to the sync manager, you would of thought it would be more straightforward.

mrbootcrm

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
That sounds a lot more easier, what is the reason tho for my music being all over the show when transferring to the sync manager, you would of thought it would be more straightforward.

Drag and drop is maybe the easiest method but you have options in case you want things like playlist sync or wireless transfer. One option (if you have good data coverage) is to use Play Music to stream all your music from the cloud. You can even "pin" certain music you want on your phone so you can listen without data.
Another option is using a program like doubletwist which I've heard plays nicely with iTunes. Doubletwist has a wifi sync option which is pretty handy.
I wouldn't bother with the HTC sync software to be honest. Use one of the methods I've mentioned and you should be happy.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Not sure why that is happening but drag and drop is much easier. Every phone on the market works this way except Apple. Just plug it in, drag the files onto it (even in folders) and the songs show up in Google Play Music.

amroa

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
Not sure why that is happening but drag and drop is much easier. Every phone on the market works this way except Apple. Just plug it in, drag the files onto it (even in folders) and the songs show up in Google Play Music.

Drag and drop doesn't solve the playslist issue. Plus, if you're in a household that has both iOS and Android, you need something that will work across both platforms. iSyncr is great for Android. You can manage your music with iTunes and then use iSyncr to transfer your albums and playslist to your One. It keeps the folder naming convention as a drag and drop and you don't have to sacrifice your other devices at home. Plus its wireless syncing to the One actually works better than iTunes wireless syncing to any iDevice.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Drag and drop doesn't solve the playslist issue. Plus, if you're in a household that has both iOS and Android, you need something that will work across both platforms. iSyncr is great for Android. You can manage your music with iTunes and then use iSyncr to transfer your albums and playslist to your One. It keeps the folder naming convention as a drag and drop and you don't have to sacrifice your other devices at home. Plus its wireless syncing to the One actually works better than iTunes wireless syncing to any iDevice.
In that case why not just use Google music in the cloud? I designate the folder I want to sync in iTunes to my Google account and it just appears on all my devices in my music player.

amroa

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
In that case why not just use Google music in the cloud? I designate the folder I want to sync in iTunes to my Google account and it just appears on all my devices in my music player.

For one, I want my music on the phone because I travel a lot and don't have network access all the time. Google Play Music can store the music on the phone by "pinning" it via Keep on device, but it stores in some obscure location on the phone as do many of the other "music managers". The beauty of iSyncr is that it stores your music in the Music folder and keeps the folder structure exactly as you would if you did a straight copy. The added benefit is that I get my playlists copied over as well, and I don't have to do anything different on my pc or learn a new music manager. iTunes is just fine. I tried MediaMonkey and other similar ones and they are no better than iTunes and in many cases not as nice. I think people criticize iTunes because they read that its bad, not because they tried it.

Understand, this works for me. For those of you who don't have iAnything, this may not be ideal. But, I believe there are plenty of iOS/Android setups and keeping both platforms satisfied is necessary.

TimmyB

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
David, Amroa is correct. iSyncr is fabulous, if you want to keep your music in iTunes, which many do. It brings over your playlists, etc. If you hate headaches and tail-chasing, spend the $3.99! :)

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
I don't know what it is but it seems like hTc likes to make things difficult for me. LOL This is why I love microSD, now I wish hTC included. Battery I can understand due to the design. :(

Android File Transfer doesn't recognize my One, I don't know why but one time I had to restart it. I also had trouble with Albums Arts, every single cover was the same I was told to clear the Cache/Data. My Samsung Galaxy S4 has no problems with ATF.

hTc Syn Manager. I'm lost, I have several playlist on iTunes but doesn't show it in HSM.

AirDroid2. Works only with Pictures, M4A & M4V are not supported.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
For one, I want my music on the phone because I travel a lot and don't have network access all the time. Google Play Music can store the music on the phone by "pinning" it via Keep on device, but it stores in some obscure location on the phone as do many of the other "music managers". The beauty of iSyncr is that it stores your music in the Music folder and keeps the folder structure exactly as you would if you did a straight copy. The added benefit is that I get my playlists copied over as well, and I don't have to do anything different on my pc or learn a new music manager. iTunes is just fine. I tried MediaMonkey and other similar ones and they are no better than iTunes and in many cases not as nice. I think people criticize iTunes because they read that its bad, not because they tried it.

Understand, this works for me. For those of you who don't have iAnything, this may not be ideal. But, I believe there are plenty of iOS/Android setups and keeping both platforms satisfied is necessary.
Makes sense. I keep all my music organized on my computer as well so I just drag over my latest music and playlists to my phone so I have some offline music when needed and use the cloud otherwise. I use iTunes as my player on my computer and like it. I think what most people dislike is the copying of things to your iPhone etc. But as a player it works well.

Good luck and it sounds like iSyncr could be the ticket.

amroa

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
Makes sense. I keep all my music organized on my computer as well so I just drag over my latest music and playlists to my phone so I have some offline music when needed and use the cloud otherwise. I use iTunes as my player on my computer and like it. I think what most people dislike is the copying of things to your iPhone etc. But as a player it works well.

Good luck and it sounds like iSyncr could be the ticket.

Brad, when you say you bring your playlist over, how do you do that? That didn't seem easy without iSyncr. I know I can export my playlist on iTunes, but I think the export has the file paths in there. And, do you put the playlist in the Music folder or is there another location? Thanks.

semp1

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
Download android file transfer and just drag and drop. Everything will save properly.

Posted via My Developer's Edition HTC one

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Brad, when you say you bring your playlist over, how do you do that? That didn't seem easy without iSyncr. I know I can export my playlist on iTunes, but I think the export has the file paths in there. And, do you put the playlist in the Music folder or is there another location? Thanks.
I just copy the playlist file over and it works but I think it is because I have all my files in folders that are linking correctly. I honestly don't use playlists a lot now that Google music has the Instant playlist creator. I just pick a song and it makes a playlist with similar artists etc.

semp1

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
Agreed. And that's what I use. Some people don't have fast enough connections to stream and others don't have high enough data plans. But it's also a good way to transfer music to the device ith superior sounding version from Google.
Three words: Google play music. Syncs all your albums, playlists, podcasts.....

Posted via Android Central App

TimmyB

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
Does isyncr transfer ringtones from itunes to my HTC One, also?

I wish I could answer that, but I don't have any experience with ringtones on iTunes. My guess is, yes, assuming they are sound files, just as your music is. As to where it stores those files, etc., I think the only way to tell is to try the free version and see. The free version operates exactly as the paid version, but will only sync the first 30 songs in each playlist, so it should give you enough info.

Good luck!

mindy1991

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
I wish I could answer that, but I don't have any experience with ringtones on iTunes. My guess is, yes, assuming they are sound files, just as your music is. As to where it stores those files, etc., I think the only way to tell is to try the free version and see. The free version operates exactly as the paid version, but will only sync the first 30 songs in each playlist, so it should give you enough info.

Good luck!

Do you know if iSyncr transfers tracks from itunes with custom start/end times? A lot of my tracks are 7/8 mins long so I go into the track options and put specific start and end times. Don't have an android yet so cannot check and don't want to buy one if I cannot transfer my Itunes properly. If you can help/suggest something it would be much appreciated!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer