Multiple email handling

Rafkin

May 19, 2013
Visit site
Hi, new member here but have been lurking for a bit. As a long time BB user I am starting to look at other OS since some of the key items I use BB for are missing with the new units. Mainly the bridge feature which I use all the time. i know there is no bridge feature with the android phones. the question I have is this, will an HTC One handle multiple email accounts the same way that my BlackBerry does? I have 5 email accounts on my phone plus I can sync my main one to my outlook on my PC, along with my calendar, notes, tasks and contacts. My main email is a business one on my own domain, 3 others are gmail and the last is yahoo. The only one need to sync is my own domain one. Will the HTC handle this in the same method? I searched but could not get a definitive answer.
TIA

TimmyB

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
Hi, new member here but have been lurking for a bit. As a long time BB user I am starting to look at other OS since some of the key items I use BB for are missing with the new units. Mainly the bridge feature which I use all the time. i know there is no bridge feature with the android phones. the question I have is this, will an HTC One handle multiple email accounts the same way that my BlackBerry does? I have 5 email accounts on my phone plus I can sync my main one to my outlook on my PC, along with my calendar, notes, tasks and contacts. My main email is a business one on my own domain, 3 others are gmail and the last is yahoo. The only one need to sync is my own domain one. Will the HTC handle this in the same method? I searched but could not get a definitive answer.
TIA

I use the stock email app that came with the One, not the gmail app or yahoo app, or whatever. I have all four of my accounts aggregated into this app (1 yahoo, 2 gmails, and 1 exchange account) with absolutely no issues. I have the yahoo and gmail accounts set to sync every 5 minutes, as they can't actually handle push-type mail easily, but five minutes is plenty good enough for me. My work exchange account is set to automatically push; works as it should.

I know many have complaints about their email app not doing this or doing that, usually dealing with how it is viewed on the screen. Those issues don't bother me that much, but if they would bother you, then you might want to consider a different app. As far as your question, though, YES, the One can absolutely meet the needs you described above.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

Rafkin

May 19, 2013
Visit site
Thanks TimmyB. One of my main concerns with switching the OS is my push email with notification. As well as syncing my business emails, contacts and calendar with my Outlook. Guess I'm looking for the Blackberry email service with an Android OS. I'm going to go next week and play around with a One and Galaxy S3 to see which one I like better. IPhone is definetly out, don't like them having that much control.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

TimmyB

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
Thanks TimmyB. One of my main concerns with switching the OS is my push email with notification. As well as syncing my business emails, contacts and calendar with my Outlook. Guess I'm looking for the Blackberry email service with an Android OS. I'm going to go next week and play around with a One and Galaxy S3 to see which one I like better. IPhone is definetly out, don't like them having that much control.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

Yeah, every time you add a new account, it asks you exactly what you want to sync from that account, be it emails, contacts, etc. Good luck with your decision!

Posted via Android Central App on my FABULOUS Black HTC One

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781