HTC One - BT Automobile Audio Support Thread

sfla99

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,

I have recently been reading all of the reports of different automobiles relating to how well or not they are working with the One and the ability to use audio over BT. I thought this would be a good place to consolidate information relating to what cars are working with what apps and hopefully help make is easier to find answers.

I have so far tried Google Play and Spotify over BT in my wife's 2011 Honda Pilot. Google play worked flawless, full support including track info in the dash display and compete device control. I then tested Spotify which partially worked, I was able to get audio to play with out issue, I was able to control the devices ability to skip tracks from the steering wheel, however, Spotify would not give me visual track info in the dash screen.

I will test, Pandora and Slacker later today.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

amroa

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm synced to a Dension aftermarket system in my Cayman. While the Dension BT unit itself is only average, the interface to the One is barely tolerable. The skip fwd/rev almost never work. I have to use the phone itself to fwd/rev. And sometimes the sync connects and disconnects every second. Finally, the sync will sometimes start Google Play Music instead of my default music player. Never had any of these issues with my iPhones.

Soreloser

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
2013 Subaru Impreza works fine with the same features available that I had with an iPhone 4S. Don't use any streaming audio services, just the music I have on the phone. Calls work fine as well.

gramamoose

May 14, 2011
Visit site
Hi all,

I have recently been reading all of the reports of different automobiles relating to how well or not they are working with the One and the ability to use audio over BT. I thought this would be a good place to consolidate information relating to what cars are working with what apps and hopefully help make is easier to find answers.

I have so far tried Google Play and Spotify over BT in my wife's 2011 Honda Pilot. Google play worked flawless, full support including track info in the dash display and compete device control. I then tested Spotify which partially worked, I was able to get audio to play with out issue, I was able to control the devices ability to skip tracks from the steering wheel, however, Spotify would not give me visual track info in the dash screen.

I will test, Pandora and Slacker later today.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I have the exact issue with my 2012 tC. I can't even adjust the volume. Had the same issue with my Nexus S and have been reading that it's an issue with 4.1 so we'll see what happens when 4.2 comes out.
Funny though how Google music works. Even the new all access that technically is also streaming. I wonder if the fact that it saves to cache memory has anything to do with it.

Posted via Android Central App

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
When mine arrives tomorrow I'll be able to post on Ford Sync compatibility. I'll be shocked if there's a hiccup, though.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

auflyer

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
My HTC One paired easily with my Ford Sync but I am having a couple issues. First, the phone will send the canned text messages from the sync menu, but inbound messages are not being displayed through the ford sync display in the car. Secondly, the phone is supposed to call a number to access the Sync services menu, but it says the device is not available even though the phone is successfully paired. What is interesting is if I dial the services phone number directly it will make the call.

Does anyone know if there is a bluetooth security setting that might be prohibiting sync from receiving texts or accessing Ford Sync?

obnpolo

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Paired with my infiniti g37x, I'm able to receive calls and end them. Also have the ability to change volume. For music streaming, I'm unable to view song information, but am able to change tracks and volume easily.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX