[VIDEO] HTC One vs Galaxy S4 vs Optimus G Pro Outdoor Direct Sunlight Comparison

chrisngrod

Sep 5, 2010
www.mycricketforum.com
This is a you call it video!

HTC One vs Samsung Galaxy S4 vs LG Optimus G Pro - Direct Sunlight Test - YouTube

I'm open to suggestions for more tests / comparisons.

*NOTE* This test was performed with the devices set to full manual brightness. A test will be published with all devices in auto mode as well. It is believed that the GS4s setup in the video will produce dimmer results than achievable.

Last edited:

enik

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: [VIDEO] HTC One vs Galaxy S4 vs Optimus G Pro Outdoor Direct Sunglight Comparison

Looks like the one is a winner! Though could have told you that without a video :p the HTC one has the brightest screen of any current flagship so it does the best!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

chrisngrod

Sep 5, 2010
www.mycricketforum.com
Re: [VIDEO] HTC One vs Galaxy S4 vs Optimus G Pro Outdoor Direct Sunglight Comparison

They contain those links because they pay for the phones. Imagine that! I don't get donated jack compared to the major sites out there who do this for a living. I'm sure my 2.5 week old daughter will grow to appreciate the fact that I make an attempt at providing for my family down the road.

My videos were never meant to be the only resource used in the decision making process. However, they can supplement the plain text specifications listed in a number of sites.

To say they are completely useless is a stretch. The same lens was used to film all 3, the same camera, the same take. These are a few controlled elements. The screens were rotated around to achieve similar viewing angles for at least a few seconds.

A user pointed this out though, and for that I will have to do another take...

"*NOTE* This test was performed with the devices set to full manual brightness. A test will be published with all devices in auto mode as well. It is believed that the GS4s setup in the video will produce dimmer results than achievable. "

Last edited:

chrisngrod

Sep 5, 2010
www.mycricketforum.com

There were actually more errors. The G Pro was sliding all around (no case), and I didn't realize it had slipped to 76% brightness.

Either way this test is being redone when there is sun. I apologize for the mistakes, but I'm human and in the automotive field. I just happens to have a few cell phones.

TimmyB

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site

They contain those links because they pay for the phones. Imagine that! I don't get donated jack compared to the major sites out there who do this for a living. I'm sure my 2.5 week old daughter will grow to appreciate the fact that I make an attempt at providing for my family down the road.

My videos were never meant to be the only resource used in the decision making process. However, they can supplement the plain text specifications listed in a number of sites.

To say they are completely useless is a stretch. The same lens was used to film all 3, the same camera, the same take. These are a few controlled elements. The screens were rotated around to achieve similar viewing angles for at least a few seconds.

A user pointed this out though, and for that I will have to do another take...

"*NOTE* This test was performed with the devices set to full manual brightness. A test will be published with all devices in auto mode as well. It is believed that the GS4s setup in the video will produce dimmer results than achievable. "

Thanks, Chris. Us "average" people out here appreciate your effort. One suggestion might be to actually have it playing a video, or something, and then, taking your hands away for 15-20 seconds. That would allow the viewers to actually focus on the screens, and how they changed, without the hands in the way. Just a thought.

I look forward to your "corrected" version, although I'm pretty sure the One will still kick behind in that one, as well! :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress