Google Wallet on Sprint One

ksavaiano

May 8, 2012
Visit site
So for those of you that don't know, Google Wallet was unlocked on the Sprint HTC one! Just curious of your experiences with it. I was at a best buy store today and tapped my phone to the card thing and Google Wallet came up, but then their computer said "contactless payments not accepted"was curious if I didn't hold it there long enough, or if for some reason it didn't work right! Or it could just be an issue with Best Buy. Anybody used it successfully? So far Best Buy is the only place I've been to that accepts it

Sent from my HTCONE using Android Central Forums

Buckeyes

May 31, 2010
Visit site
It may be that particular store. I have been in stores that have the terminal, but it's not hooked up. I find that it varies from store to store.

Posted via Android Central App

vbockius

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
I use it at CVS, Shop Rite (grocery store) and BJ's (club store), love it....My local Best Buy has the terminals but doesn't have it set up, so I can't use it there either.
Also Yankee Stadium....It was the first place I used it, last season, freaked out all the concession staff lol

ksavaiano

May 8, 2012
Visit site
So looks like its a best buy issue then! Good to know! There was a cute girl i that was helping me out through the store and we were making good conversation and she was asking me about my One and when i went to pay she seemed all impressed and thought it was awesome! Then it popped up and said "contactless payments not accepted" and i looked like a dummy..

ksavaiano

May 8, 2012
Visit site
So went to a local McDonald's today and google wallet still did not work.. woke up the phone and tapped it there, input my pin # and then it said please tap to the terminal one more time. Tapped it and it was sending my stuff then it said tap was successful please check with the merchant to make sure the payment went through.. but it didn't for some reason... Then I used my normal card which is the one in my wallet acct

mrbootcrm

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
I've used Wallet at 7-11 several times now. Works flawlessly. I'd assume if you are having issues it's the merchant not the phone. I did try at a BP gas station. The pad thing had a green light on it but did absolutely nothing when I tapped the One with it. Didn't even prompt me for pin so I assume they don't actually have it set up.

ksavaiano

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Yeah guess that could be the issue. Thinking I'll stop by somewhere for a quick soda on the way home to try it

Kylazin

May 4, 2010
Visit site
It has become my primary means of payment. All the stores I frequent accept it (including my local Best Buy) so I don't even need my wallet anymore. It is always fun to see the reaction from the cashiers when I just touch my phone to the terminal and the receipt prints.

ksavaiano

May 8, 2012
Visit site
I wish mine worked at the best buy i was going to! Id assume it just wasnt set up correctly or connected right, because it was clearly an issue on their side when the error popped up. Itd be very convenient to use and you just look like a God doing it! Too bad i really dont know any places that accept it here besided mcdonalds(gross), circle K (meh) and a few other randoms around the area

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance