Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree11Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #26  

Default Re: The htc one weather app is terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by SeanBlader View Post
    I think I need to ask, where do you get temperature on the status bar?

Also if you don't like Accuweather, I'd recommend the Yahoo! Weather app. It's integrated with flickr, so it pulls photo's of your area with weather like what you're seeing, it's pretty awesome.
    Download any app from google play store most have it. But if you download the Accuweather app it matches the phones look and accuracy perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Viva Terlingua View Post
    How do you change the weather on the lock screen. I see where you can choose one of five lock screens, but none of them give me the option to change the weather.
    Widget locker is the first app that comes to mind but I'm sure there are several on the Play Store.

Quote Originally Posted by semp1 View Post
    Download any app from google play store most have it. But if you download the Accuweather app it matches the phones look and accuracy perfectly.
    I downloaded the Accuweather app and its temp was way different than the temp shown in Blinkfeed. The locations were exact and I refreshed both. I thought at least the accuweather app would report the same values as HTC Sense, but I guess not.

Quote Originally Posted by mrbootcrm View Post
    Use a different lock screen app. Don't use blinkfeed. Use some other widget for quick access to weather. Problem solved?
    Well to be honest, no the problem is not solved.

Suggesting the solution of NOT using blinkfeed because we're forced to use dodgy weather source (yahoo weather is rubbish for Australia) is not acceptable.

Having to pay for an app to change the lock screen weather app is unfortunate.

I've changed my "Home page" (not blinkfeed) to use my own apps weather widget which is ok but I'd rather use the app tray screen as my main home screen with it's 4x4 apps instead of 3x4 apps, but the app tray screen forces me to have the crappy weather app.

So even if I get the lock screen and my homescreen showing my desired weather, it's clashing with the weather on the blinkfeed/app tray screen, which is just messy/clunky.

So no, the problem is not solved.

Once blinkfeed refreshes the temp shown is the CURRENT temp, which will often not match the hourly temperatures because those hourly temperatures were just ESTIMATES as opposed to the actual current temperature.

At the bottom of the widget's weather page you'll see the little footer banner "AccuWeather.com - MORE DETAILS ONLINE". If you follow that you'll see that the widget's updated temperature exactly matches the current temperature. (At least it always does for me)

In Australia the #1 most accurate source of weather information is BOM - Bureau of Meteorology. Whatever Android/iPhone use (I thought it was yahoo) is not very accurate, or good. The good news is there are a number of good apps which use BOM for data, but the annoyance is that the 'default widget' (which looks good aesthetically) uses some crappy fixed data source.

How do you change the stock weather app..... I cant figure out how to get it off there

Angry Re: The htc one weather app is terrible.

HOW can I change the default weather app? The default one is awful!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12