Thoughts on htc one?

ShineRight

May 22, 2013
Visit site
I been browsing through reading up on post about the htc one, I just wanted to asked everyone did you feel satisfied with your purchase? With all the things going on with people leaving the company should I be concerned about future software updates? I got to mess with the phone and it looks and feels good but not sure if I should dive in yet

Habiib

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
When you take the dive, remember that there's no need for clothing. Even if the water's cold at first, your body will acclimate. I think HTC will be fine though. I'm not noticing a brain drain at HTC. The people who are leaving didn't seem to be doing a great job. I think their next quarterly earnings report should give more insight into there financial standing.

Posted via Android Central App

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Do it. You know you want to. Put that thing and your hand and make swishing up and down motions....just do it.

Seriously, I had the silver one and loved it but coming from the S3 I had to try the S4 and traded. BIG MISTAKE FROM HELL!!! The S4 is a good phone and a beast but to me, it's a phone that should be featured on nickelodeon with all its bubbly colors. So I gave it to my daughter and got the black "one". The "ONE" is more professional, sleek, stylish, light, and a beast of a phone. I don't regret it one bit!!

Brandon Neer

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
Well you might regret it but I will add one thing. If you are coming from a different OS be sure to actually dive. Don't just dip your toes into Android and complain is different. Best luck! It is a great device.

This x1000. iPhone user for 7 years here, the One is my first android phone. Took a bit of getting used to, but i read alot, learned the inns and outs, and i'm not looking back.

madlaw1071

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Try both the One and the S4 and see which one fits your individual preferences. They're both excellent phones.

However, it certainly is a legitimate complaint to be concerned about the future of HTC. Many in the tech world (including on this site) are openly speculating about the future viability of the company.

See here...

Insider says HTC is "in utter freefall"

MikeDubC

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
I have had just about every major phone in recent time. Note 2, s3, nexus 4, etc.

I love this phone more than all of them combined. I am very happy with this purchase.

James E1

Trusted Member
Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
If you like the ONE as is over all other phones then I would get it ( future updates would just be a plus). I have the ONE and love it as it is and any updates would not matter to me. Yes I would like updates. As for HTC I think they are just getting rid of dead wood. HTC has doubled production of the ONE and other companies that make accessories for the ONE must feel OK with the direction that HTC is moving or they would not have invested time in making them and this includes Mophie juice pack that only make cases for just a few phone.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Try both the One and the S4 and see which one fits your individual preferences. They're both excellent phones.

However, it certainly is a legitimate complaint to be concerned about the future of HTC. Many in the tech world (including on this site) are openly speculating about the future viability of the company.

See here...

Man, be positive. P.O.S.I.T.I.V.E. I'm ex-law enforcement and US Army veteran...after both...everything to me HAS to be positive!! :)

TimmyB

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
Agree with the others. Take the plunge. This, from a guy who was dead-sure he was going to get the S4. I can't even look at another phone right now. It is just that great of a phone!

SeanBlader

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
...and other companies that make accessories for the ONE must feel OK with the direction that HTC is moving or they would not have invested time in making them and this includes Mophie juice pack that only make cases for just a few phone.

I think this is a really good point, there were accessories out within a month, I had to wait like 5 months before comparable accessories were out for the Evo LTE. There's a lot of confidence in the One, and a lot of reviewers are using it daily and calling it the device of the season. I'm of the opinion that HTC has really redeemed themselves. And think, they haven't even hit Verizon yet, there are a lot of big red fanboys who are probably waiting for the One to show up over there.

ShineRight

May 22, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the input guys. I was dead set on the s4 until I looked up reviews online, not that it was a bad phone but it bought the One to my attention specially seeing the black one. Very sleek and clean. Being an iphone user for 2yrs I like a clean good looking phone. Now of course im not new to android (was an early adopter but left due to lack of apps) I currently use a note 2 and since coming back apps are better or equal to iphone and found a little bit of freedom and control lol. Another question is for those att users, how much bloatware can I expect to see from att? I know my note has a few I can care less about and thats atleast one thing I enjoyed about an iphone

ShineRight

May 22, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the input guys, I really liked the the black One so I figured I ask about. I was dead set on the s4 but the black one has a glittery look to it at certain angles and definitely didnt have the premium feel coming from an iphone.

bripat22

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I came from iPhone 4 and honestly , would not go back (never thought I would say these words ). I've been freed from the Apple Borg

TimmyB

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
...Another question is for those att users, how much bloatware can I expect to see from att? I know my note has a few I can care less about and thats atleast one thing I enjoyed about an iphone

Absolutely a non-issue. You can disable any app that you want, and you can hide them from your app drawer. I mean, once I did that, I don't even remember that they're on my phone at all, unless I go through my apps in the settings. With 32 GB of storage, these take up an inconsequential amount of space.

anthonyxo

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I love it. Had purchased both the S4 and the One, but I returned the One thinking the S4 was the right choice. I regretted it that same night and went back and got the One again the very next day.

AdamsHouseCat

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

See here...

We all already understand your clear preference for all things S4, as you remind us with each and every one of your posts.

jonathan2677

May 8, 2013
Visit site
I love it. Had purchased both the S4 and the One, but I returned the One thinking the S4 was the right choice. I regretted it that same night and went back and got the One again the very next day.

I have a similar story, bought both and after giving the one to my daughter I'm now going to return the s4 to buy another ONE

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles