05-26-2013 10:06 PM
- I have been surprised by the number of negative comments on this section of the forum about the HTC One. I've owned this phone for about two weeks now, and it is absolutely Amazing. Incidentally, the S4 forum does not have the same level of negativity, it's not even close. Also anecdotally: when I went to the local Sprint store ( privately owned) the, store manager was trashing the HTC One and pushing the S4 hard. And I went by a number of times to play with both the phones. The day I was ready to buy, he did not have two phones in stock (one for me and the other for my wife).I did not want to wait and bought them online. When I went back a week later to chat with him, he was singing a different tune, praising the One and telling me that he was selling more One's than the S4. Inviting me to come to his store if I had any problems! Additionally, it has been reported that Samsung was caught paying college students in Korea to attack the One. Early on I read a very negative comment about the One on Amazon and it was completely made up. All this is anecdotal, but can't help thinking this is going on, given Samsung's deep pockets. Given the uphill battle HTC has had, if the 5 million number of One units sold is true, it speaks to volumes about the Phone, which IMO is the best smartphone available right now, hands down.
Sent from my HTCONE using Android Central Forums05-23-2013 08:44 AM
- 05-23-2013 10:51 AM
- Kevin OQuinnAC Team Emeritus
Seriously, though. if they are doing it I doubt we'd find out about it so easily this time around.05-23-2013 11:13 AM
- Not sure if anyone is getting paid, but the day I went into the local ATT store to pick up my HTC One I asked the sales rep if they had any in stock. He said yes and I said "Great! I'd like a white one, please". Then he says "Are you sure? We're getting more Galaxy S4's in on Tuesday". That kind of floored me because 1) I didn't mention ANYTHING about the S4 and 2) he shouldn't be trying to sell me another handset, he should be trying to get me the one I want. The base model of both are the same price, so I was like WTH???05-23-2013 02:01 PM
I keed, I keed.
The childish games of phone manufacturer and marketing are getting old. Leave mudslinging and dirty campaigning to the politicians.05-23-2013 02:03 PMLike 6
- Not sure if anyone is getting paid, but the day I went into the local ATT store to pick up my HTC One I asked the sales rep if they had any in stock. He said yes and I said "Great! I'd like a white one, please". Then he says "Are you sure? We're getting more Galaxy S4's in on Tuesday". That kind of floored me because 1) I didn't mention ANYTHING about the S4 and 2) he shouldn't be trying to sell me another handset, he should be trying to get me the one I want. The base model of both are the same price, so I was like WTH???05-23-2013 02:05 PM
- 05-23-2013 02:26 PM
- I could understand a rep doing that if they have a customer who comes in and isn't sure which phone they want. In that scenario I can certainly see him/her attempting to steer them toward a certain handset. But if someone like myself who has clearly done the research and knows exactly which phone they want it can come off as a bit arrogant and somewhat insulting that customer's intelligence. In those cases I believe it is simply bad form.05-23-2013 02:29 PM
- 05-23-2013 02:39 PM
- To be honest I was so flabbergasted that I was a bit speechless. I know I had the raised eyebrow look, and at the moment all I was able to push out were the words "Yes, I'm certain". It wasn't until a few moments later when he was in the back fetching my phone that I fully digested what had transpired and began to grind my teeth a little.
P.S.- I am not bashing the S4, just bushing the sales rep.05-23-2013 03:40 PM
- 05-23-2013 04:10 PMLike 4
- I wouldn't be surprise if they are on this forums..
Recently, Samsung has been exposed and reveal that they are hiring viral marketing team bashing other brands and praise S4. There are tons of documentation and photos of their viral marketing team that was went public not too long ago. That is why you see a lot of places have their Samsung ads taken off during that month. Their viral marketing isn't just target forums, also to reviewers.
Of course, Samsung didn't directly apologized for what they did, they just blame their 3rd party marketing team for making wrong decision or misunderstanding their strategy...05-23-2013 04:16 PM
- Its sales and marketing, happens with all types of business.
When apple made their Orwellian macintosh ad years ago, what were they doing? Bashing Microsoft and all of its pc userbase.
Pepsi and Coke fight it out every day in stores and ads. Whoever has the better deal for the store gets displayed up front and in a weekly ad to boost sales.
Cell phone providers will get kickbacks from manufacturers all of the time. They then offer incentives to their sales people to push a particular device. I dont remember the last time I have been in an at&t store for an upgrade, and have been "suggested" an iphone.
Dont be naive. Mega corporations dont get that way from sitting on their hands and not helping sway the sales.
By the way, I cast my vote for Snickers as well.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 205-23-2013 04:31 PM
- If you don't care for the thread, feel free to move on. If you believe a post is inappropriate, then hit the report button.
Complaining in here about the thread or members that you perceive to be "trolls" doesn't help the situation.
Please stay on topic and keep the discussion civil.
Sent from my Galaxy Note II05-23-2013 05:06 PM
- Trolling on sites is a low hanging fruit, wouldn't be at all surprised. The speed with which anything slightly negative about the One gets picked up on forums like this, is remarkable. Samsung got caught doing it in Taiwan, the home of HTC.
Sent from my HTCONE using Android Central Forums05-23-2013 06:19 PM
- 05-23-2013 10:31 PMLike 3
- By Jerry Hildenbrand in forum HTC One SReplies: 19Last Post: 05-25-2014, 02:12 PM
- By Phil Nickinson in forum HTC One M7Replies: 39Last Post: 04-15-2013, 11:21 AM
- By darkcorsair in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 2Replies: 3Last Post: 12-16-2012, 08:20 PM
- By TurboCam in forum Motorola Droid XReplies: 9Last Post: 07-29-2010, 01:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD