Screen flicker when unlocking

eightdown

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Has anybody else encountered a screen flicker when unlocking their device? I noticed it happened after i installed Tasker. With Tasker installed, when i unlock my phone, the screen sort of flashes black and then unlocks. After uninstalling Tasker, the flicker/flash is gone...Is there anyway to fix this? Once the phone is running, there is no issue but this really bothers me for some reason.

[Edit]: The screen flicker happens after turning on Tasker in Accessibility.

Last edited:

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Has anybody else encountered a screen flicker when unlocking their device? I noticed it happened after i installed Tasker. With Tasker installed, when i unlock my phone, the screen sort of flashes black and then unlocks. After uninstalling Tasker, the flicker/flash is gone...Is there anyway to fix this? Once the phone is running, there is no issue but this really bothers me for some reason.

Not to report from my end! I also don't use Tasker. What is it? Task manager is my guess.

Sent from my HTC One

eightdown

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Its an app which allows you to set up profiles for many different tasks on the phone. Its a very powerful tool and i would love to use it without being annoyed every time i unlock my phone.

As i said in my edit, it only happens when i turn on the permissions for tasker in accessibility. i did notice this same issue with another app after turning on it's permissions in accessibility as well.

seventeenseconds

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site

[Edit]: The screen flicker happens after turning on Tasker in Accessibility.

You'll also note that your swipe up on the launch bar icon doesn't work as it should (at least the animations) and you can just swipe up any where to initiate unlock. On the 'productivity' lockscreen the widgets won't scroll either. There's an obvious bug there. Hopefully fixed in a later release.

eightdown

May 12, 2013
Visit site
You'll also note that your swipe up on the launch bar icon doesn't work as it should (at least the animations) and you can just swipe up any where to initiate unlock. On the 'productivity' lockscreen the widgets won't scroll either. There's an obvious bug there. Hopefully fixed in a later release.

so are you noticing this "flicker" after allowing an app permission in accessibility? I've searched for similar issues and haven't been able to find anyone else with this problem. Or maybe they just haven't noticed it...

eightdown

May 12, 2013
Visit site
could this really be just an isolated issue? nobody else has come across this or knows what this could be? or does this not bother anyone else?

seventeenseconds

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
so are you noticing this "flicker" after allowing an app permission in accessibility? I've searched for similar issues and haven't been able to find anyone else with this problem. Or maybe they just haven't noticed it...

Yes, after enabling app permission. Without it enabled, I sometimes still get a little flicker, but not nearly as bad. I sometimes get a completely blank background too (no wallpaper), but that's even more rare. With app permission enabled, I got flicker every single unlock.

azuraji

May 27, 2013
Visit site
I'm having exactly the same issue with Notify!, an app that lights up the screen whenever I get notifications. I switched to an Android - HTC One - just three days ago after having an iPhone 4 for a couple of years and it's so annoying that I can't see (only hear a *ding* sound) whenever somebody messages me.

Turning off the app in Accessibility solves the problem but renders the app useless (it can't register notifications without permission in Accessibility).

Last edited: