Can we use our old HTC One X or Evo 3D charging plugs? Power in the wall.
    05-24-2013 12:41 PM
    Yup you can use any micro/mini usb charger. I charger several devices with the same charger and the one that came with the HTC one is really short.

Sent from my HTCONE using Android Central Forums
    05-24-2013 12:49 PM
    Yup you can use any micro/mini usb charger. I charger several devices with the same charger and the one that came with the HTC one is really short.

I understand that. I just know that the HTC One has a lower charging time...Or is this a software driven thing? Guess I do not fully understand it. I just don't wanna kill my device! It's perfect!!
    05-24-2013 12:55 PM
    I understand that. I just know that the HTC One has a lower charging time...Or is this a software driven thing? Guess I do not fully understand it. I just don't wanna kill my device! It's perfect!!
    You can charge most phones that have the micro usb connector with most mobile chargers. As long the "output" is 5 volts @ 700mA-2A my HTC charger has a 1amp output and anything less I get a notification on the screen saying that it's slow charging and attach the HTC charger for a faster charge. The higher the (amperage or mA) with the charger the faster the battery will charge itself. I'm not sure if 2 amps is the highest input your phone can receive for a charge but that's the highest one I've seen in a ZAGG "Sparq" battery backup charger.

My DNA sent this...
    06-06-2013 09:24 AM
    If it says USB Charging, that takes forever... One thing weird I found out about if I add an extension to the micro usb cable, it changes from USB Charging to AC Charging which I can see my battery charges at a better rate.
    06-06-2013 12:43 PM
    The higher the (amperage or mA) with the charger the faster the battery will charge itself.
    Not necessarily true with the One. It will only accept 1 amp. It you throw 2 amps at it it won't charge any faster.

One thing weird I found out about if I add an extension to the micro usb cable, it changes from USB Charging to AC Charging which I can see my battery charges at a better rate.
    I don't think the phone is actually charging any faster with the extension, it's just fooling the phone into thinking it's pulling more power.
    06-06-2013 12:56 PM
    If the data lines are present many devices assume you are connected to a standard USB port and restrict the charge rate to 500mAh. If the data lines are connected together it charges at a higher rate. It's likely the adapter is shorting the data lines so the phone is happy to draw more current as it knows it is connected to a power source. If it says "AC" then it is charging faster than "USB" assuming the charger is capable of providing more than 500mAh.
    06-06-2013 05:53 PM

Actually, i agree with you 100%! I had an HTC Incredible S before the HTC One, which i bought about about 2 years ago, is much longer than the HTC One charger :/
    06-06-2013 09:59 PM