Htc One pick LTE up better?

SenseMonkey

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
So i currently live in an LTE live area not yet officially announced by Sprint and checking out sensorly i see that people have picked up LTE literally not even more then 60Yards from my house, i too have been able to get lte outside near my house but have seen lte only a few times inside my actual home. So my question, to anyone who has had any previous lte phone from Sprint or to be more specific, the htc evo lte; does the one pick up a better signal? I want to pick up a One next month but the fact that it only supports Sprints 1900mhz Spectrum kind of makes me wonder if it'll be a "worth it" buy cause of the poor building penetration with Sprints current lte where as the Evo lte will support the Upcoming new Frequency. Any feedback is appreciated guys, thanks. :thumbup:

Courtesy of My LT3VO :D

jaleesag88

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
I had the Note 2 before I got the One (just got it yesterday) and I'm getting much better signal that what I was getting the the Note 2! I was walking down the street today and looked down in an area where I normally get 3g and it definitely showed LTE, and I was just there yesterday, so it didn't just happen over night lol. I was also in another area today where I couldn't normally send a text or access data and with the One, I had no problems at all! I could send text messages, make phone calls, and use my data. I think this phone blows any other phone I've had out of the water in that aspect. I'm glad I can get the service where I couldn't before haha.

SenseMonkey

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
I had the Note 2 before I got the One (just got it yesterday) and I'm getting much better signal that what I was getting the the Note 2! I was walking down the street today and looked down in an area where I normally get 3g and it definitely showed LTE, and I was just there yesterday, so it didn't just happen over night lol. I was also in another area today where I couldn't normally send a text or access data and with the One, I had no problems at all! I could send text messages, make phone calls, and use my data. I think this phone blows any other phone I've had out of the water in that aspect. I'm glad I can get the service where I couldn't before haha.

Cool, seems like radio's aren't a problem. Ill be getting it for sure thanks. :thumbup:

LegendaryDrumr

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Had the LTE before o got my One. This phone destroys the EVO in every way!! Even on 3G I get decent speeds whereas the EVO is almost unusable. I love this phone. Sadly I've dropped it quite a few times and have some dings and scratches because I'm waiting for Amazon to send my Poetic case, but the build quality of this phone is amazing! I feel like the dings and scratches actually Gove my phone a little bit of character and uniqueness.

Posted via Android Central App

Technosticrati

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
It has been my experience that the LTE radio is no better at holding an LTE signal than the EVO LTE.

I happen to live exactly on an LTE border and neither my EVO nor my ONE can hold the signal where the S3 can, for example.

It does switch over faster when LTE is present and the 3g radio is better but the LTE radio drops LTE more easily than competing phones and just as easily as the EVO.

Posted via Android Central App

doomstang

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
So i currently live in an LTE live area not yet officially announced by Sprint and checking out sensorly i see that people have picked up LTE literally not even more then 60Yards from my house, i too have been able to get lte outside near my house but have seen lte only a few times inside my actual home. So my question, to anyone who has had any previous lte phone from Sprint or to be more specific, the htc evo lte; does the one pick up a better signal? I want to pick up a One next month but the fact that it only supports Sprints 1900mhz Spectrum kind of makes me wonder if it'll be a "worth it" buy cause of the poor building penetration with Sprints current lte where as the Evo lte will support the Upcoming new Frequency. Any feedback is appreciated guys, thanks. :thumbup:

I'm pretty sure the Evo LTE and the HTC One both support only 1900 for LTE....they also support 800mhz, but NOT for LTE.

Anyway, they have just started rolling out LTE here in STL so I never got a taste with my Evo LTE. From what I've read, the One is supposed to be superior to the Evo LTE as far as RF is concerned.

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Sprint will start rolling out phones with support for LTE on their new band by the end of this year. All LTE sprint phones released before this time will not be compatible with the new band, as that would require rengineering their radio chips.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

SenseMonkey

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm pretty sure the Evo LTE and the HTC One both support only 1900 for LTE....they also support 800mhz, but NOT for LTE.

Anyway, they have just started rolling out LTE here in STL so I never got a taste with my Evo LTE. From what I've read, the One is supposed to be superior to the Evo LTE as far as RF is concerned.

Sprint will start rolling out phones with support for LTE on their new band by the end of this year. All LTE sprint phones released before this time will not be compatible with the new band, as that would require rengineering their radio chips.

The htc one supports only the 1900mhz frequency where as the Htc evo lte supports both the 800 and 1900mhz frequencies. So the Lte evo supports sprints future Lte and the current onr where as the Onr only supports the current one.

Htc one uploadfromtaptalk1369618054876.jpg

Htc evo lte uploadfromtaptalk1369618118430.jpg

So yes. Correct me if im wrong anyone!

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
The htc one supports only the 1900mhz frequency where as the Htc evo lte supports both the 800 and 1900mhz frequencies. So the Lte evo supports sprints future Lte and the current onr where as the Onr only supports the current one.

Htc one View attachment 69594

Htc evo lte View attachment 69598

So yes. Correct me if im wrong anyone!

Actually thank you for correcting me, I can't believe everything I see on s4gru then.

superbleester

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site

I seem to get better signal than my Galaxy Nexus, of course when it wasn't dropping data every five seconds, but yes, I do get faster speeds and get LTE in places that isn't normal. HTC's radios are amazing!

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeneral2