HTC One Battery drains from 10% to 2% in 30 seconds?

kasperkyd

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Hello HTC One owners,

I'm facing an issue here with my HTC One, that every time I get battery warning on 10% then suddenly another warning showing me the battery is 2% left just after 30 seconds of the first warning. I wonder what could cause that? Is it an option to turn off? any suggestions? or my mobile is faulty :(

Last edited:

Yilun808

May 8, 2013
Visit site
I get something similar but only when it is below 5% battery. It seems like the phone does drain faster as you get lower in the battery %. In other words, it takes alot of time for 100% to go down to 90% but from 5% down to 1% takes mere minutes (especially if you are streaming a movie or surfing the web, watching youtube, etc.).

Very often, I would get my 4% warning and then I'd watch my youtube video for about another 1 minute or so. Once I exit the application, I notice that my phone battery is in critical red and only 1% remaining on the screen. My theory is just that when the battery is that low, it gets hard for the system to accurately predict how much % is left in the tank because it depends on a wide variety of probabilities on what apps you may or may not have running at the time. But I've never experienced 10% going to 2% within 30 seconds. That seems a bit drastic to me.

kasperkyd

May 8, 2013
Visit site
I'm not expert in batteries but Im afraid the last 10% of my battery is a dead cell? I disabled the fast boot on my mobile and restart it and will see it same problem will occur :(

kasperkyd

May 8, 2013
Visit site
I returned my phone for warranty, the battery is getting crazy by time, now it doesn't sync right with big drops. :'(

Last edited:

kasperkyd

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Ok, they issued a replacement for me same day, they said a problem in the mainboard makes the battery to drain that fast :D weeeeeeee I got new one, I hope will be GOOD :D

Last edited:

digitalbot

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
hello i signed up to tell you i am experiencing this same issue,
first htc one i had was great every two hours 1 percent on idle, though it had a broken volume rocker. this one now that it drops from 100 to 85 fairly quickly then its o.k i guess. nvr really tested it .
the reason for this is i have found a way for it to go back to how my first defect was, 1% every two hours.

when you reach 100% do a hardrest...(charge if needed) thats pretty much it,, i can get 14 hours standby and 4 hours heavy use.
btw when i hit around 40% it will drop quick to lets say 32...then its fine again.

software issue? maybe, normal? probably

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma