I dont like the One's keyboard HELP!

Chrissy Lafiura

May 26, 2013
Visit site
I've had the One for maybe a week and I just can't get used to the keyboard and texting and want to know if I can download a keyboard. I am coming from the Mytouch 4g and I love that keyboard and settings. Can I get that for my One? Here's what I don't like about the One's keyboard and texting that the Mytouch had: first off I use swype and love it, but after i have typed my message and go back to read it before sending, if I notice a misspelling I used to be able to click on the word and suggestions would come up. The one only has suggestions on the current word I am typing. If i go on to the next word I can't go back to fix a previous word I have to delete the word and retype. It probably sounds like a little thing but it drives me crazy! Also when I'm entering my email address and I swype the first part and then go to type the @ symbol I have to press it twice, the first time it just unhilights the first part of my email address and the second time the symbol actually comes up. Does that make sense? LOL that was kind of confusing but trust me its annoying! Any help would be appreciated!

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I've had the One for maybe a week and I just can't get used to the keyboard and texting and want to know if I can download a keyboard. I am coming from the Mytouch 4g and I love that keyboard and settings. Can I get that for my One? Here's what I don't like about the One's keyboard and texting that the Mytouch had: first off I use swype and love it, but after i have typed my message and go back to read it before sending, if I notice a misspelling I used to be able to click on the word and suggestions would come up. The one only has suggestions on the current word I am typing. If i go on to the next word I can't go back to fix a previous word I have to delete the word and retype. It probably sounds like a little thing but it drives me crazy! Also when I'm entering my email address and I swype the first part and then go to type the @ symbol I have to press it twice, the first time it just unhilights the first part of my email address and the second time the symbol actually comes up. Does that make sense? LOL that was kind of confusing but trust me its annoying! Any help would be appreciated!

Welcome to the forums!

You probably won't be able to get that keyboard easily. Someone would have to post that .apk file that is downloadable through the net. It would also have to be compatible with the One.

However, you can search for keyboards on Play. SwiftKey is very popular. It is a paid app, but has a 30 day free trial. And I think it is pretty cheap, like 5 or 10 bucks. Not bad for an app you will use very frequently. Otherwise, there are many more out there that you can try. I think Swipe is available on Play as well.

ddillon80

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
I'm with Sprint and my One came with Swype already loaded on the phone. As far as getting used to the One's keyboard, believe me I know what you mean. This is my first ever all-touch Android phone and for someone who has been exclusively a BlackBerry w/ physical keyboard user since '07 there was definitely a learning curve...so much so that the first few days I had the phone I thought about sending it back but I stuck with it and I'm so glad I did. What I am using now is the stock Sense 5 keyboard with the trace feature enabled and I love it. Its working so well for me that I've had no reason to try Swype, SwiftKey or any other 3rd party keyboard app. I also like that you can create a personal dictionary with shortcuts...give the trace feature a try...I hope you like it as much as I do.

Settings > Language & Keyboard > HTC Sense Input > Select Trace Keyboard

semp1

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
SwiftKey is great. Better than the one keyboard definitely. Although the one keyboard is very accurate compared to other devices.

Posted via My Developer's Edition HTC one

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles