Nova launcher questions for htc one

Rob Penna

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
I'm new to Nova Launcher. It seems pretty great so far but I have a few questions :

-How do I change the icons for my lock screen apps?
I found a great set of icons and switched everything on my home screen but the lock screen icons are still the same.

-is there any way to keep blink feed with nova launcher?
I may be the only person who actually likes blink feed but I'd like to keep it if possible.

Thanks for your help.

McSkullough

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
1) If you install Widget Locker, it will let you change the icons on your lock screen. 2) IIRC, Blinkfeed is an app. So if you have Nova Prime, you can go to gestures and feel, and set up any gesture or button to open Blinkfeed.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta

palitsyn

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
OK, I found the way to make it work.

1) In HTC Sense launcher hold dow your finger until you get the options to edit your home screens. Remove all screens but blinkfeed
2) Launch Nova and make it default
3) Go to Gestures and Buttons in Nova settings and select a gesture you would like for blinkfeed (I chose "Swipe down (two fingers)")
4) Click on shortcuts tab
5) Click on Activities, which should be first on in the list
6) Scroll down and select HTC Sense

That's it.

Note: Because you leave sense whilst in the app drawer, the gesture will also take you to the app drawer. Just click on app button in the dock and that will take you back to blinkfeed.

This seems to be the best solution I could find and works really well.

SCjRqrQCnBQ19QoYCtdl

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
Best way to use blinkfeed with nova is to create a shortcut to an activity from a nova homescreen. You scroll down and find the HTC Sense 5 activity. This will give you an icon taking you to blinkfeed.

This will go directly to blinkfeed, not the app drawer.

Keep nova as default home, so when you hit home you go back to nova.

There is a walk through in the Homescreen sticky thread.

palitsyn

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
Best way to use blinkfeed with nova is to create a shortcut to an activity from a nova homescreen. You scroll down and find the HTC Sense 5 activity. This will give you an icon taking you to blinkfeed.

This will go directly to blinkfeed, not the app drawer.

Keep nova as default home, so when you hit home you go back to nova.

There is a walk through in the Homescreen sticky thread.

It will go directly to whatever your default home screen is or whatever screen you were on when you went back to Nova. This is why in order to avoid confusion, it is best to delete all the other homescreens in Sense.

elysm1

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
I have run Nova for the past week or so on my One. I hesitated to do so because I really liked many of the features of Sense 5, along with the stock apps that came with it, and in a moment of stupidity thought that I would lose all of it by going with Nova. The only thing that I've lost is Blinkfeed, which kinda sucks, but before Blinkfeed I used Flipboard....so I just downloaded Flipboard again. I know the two aren't the same, but in it's current state all I was using Blinkfeed for was a news source that was quite limited. With some updates I'm sure I'll want to go back to Blinkfeed, but right now I don't miss it. As for what I've gained, customizability. It's the one thing I think Sense 5 is missing and it's the one thing that I need the most. For anyone thinking of making the switch, do it, if you don't like it delete it and Sense will still be there in all of it's glory.

Gathomblipoob

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Nova is great for me. Coming from a jailbroken iPhone 5, I was happy to be able to shrink my icons, use five columns of apps and have a scrollable dock again. Sure, I lost Blinkfeed, but Flipboard makes up nicely for that. The gestures feature is also a really nice touch. Well worth it.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I bought Nova during the 10 cent sale. I may try it and I have thought about it. I used a launcher on the Evo 3D back when I had Sprint. I may have to do the same now and give it a try!

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Nova is great for me. Coming from a jailbroken iPhone 5, I was happy to be able to shrink my icons, use five columns of apps and have a scrollable dock again. Sure, I lost Blinkfeed, but Flipboard makes up nicely for that. The gestures feature is also a really nice touch. Well worth it.

+1

I love that it's simple and doesn't have to be fancy.

I also recommend using it with Simple Text, BobClock and Beautiful or HD Widget.

SCjRqrQCnBQ19QoYCtdl

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
I have run Nova for the past week or so on my One. I hesitated to do so because I really liked many of the features of Sense 5, along with the stock apps that came with it, and in a moment of stupidity thought that I would lose all of it by going with Nova. The only thing that I've lost is Blinkfeed, which kinda sucks, but before Blinkfeed I used Flipboard....so I just downloaded Flipboard again. I know the two aren't the same, but in it's current state all I was using Blinkfeed for was a news source that was quite limited. With some updates I'm sure I'll want to go back to Blinkfeed, but right now I don't miss it. As for what I've gained, customizability. It's the one thing I think Sense 5 is missing and it's the one thing that I need the most. For anyone thinking of making the switch, do it, if you don't like it delete it and Sense will still be there in all of it's glory.

You can still keep blink feed with a shortcut

dave3389

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
with nova prime you can set up a shortcut for blink feed, thats what i do, then press the home button to get out of it back to home screen. works well and a great launcher

anon(826501)

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
Well, Mr.Rob Penna. The people in Android Central answer right as always. Nova Launcher Prime is good, try out others launchers at the Google Play Store. In my humble opinion Next Launcher 3D is the best so far. My HTC ONE with Nova, and with Next.

Enviado desde mi HTC One usando Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1369886819100.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1369886819100.jpg
    289 KB · Views: 37
  • uploadfromtaptalk1369886850684.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1369886850684.jpg
    292 KB · Views: 36

Yilun808

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Is there anything unique about Nova Launcher that other launchers can't do?

I'm using the free version of ADW Launcher and I seem to be able to do everything the Nova Launcher can do. Granted, I don't have as many options for screen transition animations and such but those things seem trivial to me. The speed and performance of ADW is solid and every app/widget I've used to customize my UI has worked flawlessly.

So what exactly does Nova Launcher have that makes it stand out as I seem to see many people promoting it as the best 3rd party launcher for Android systems

Yilun808

May 8, 2013
Visit site
OK, I found the way to make it work.

1) In HTC Sense launcher hold dow your finger until you get the options to edit your home screens. Remove all screens but blinkfeed
2) Launch Nova and make it default
3) Go to Gestures and Buttons in Nova settings and select a gesture you would like for blinkfeed (I chose "Swipe down (two fingers)")
4) Click on shortcuts tab
5) Click on Activities, which should be first on in the list
6) Scroll down and select HTC Sense

That's it.

Note: Because you leave sense whilst in the app drawer, the gesture will also take you to the app drawer. Just click on app button in the dock and that will take you back to blinkfeed.

This seems to be the best solution I could find and works really well.

You don't really need to remove all the screens except for blinkfeed essentially. Just make sure that blinkfeed is set to your default home page on HTC Sense and it will work just fine. Just wanted to point out that removing all other screens wasn't really a pre-req for getting it to work :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC