How to make video call?

azuraji

May 27, 2013
Visit site
How do I perform a video call with the HTC One? I can't see any such button in the Calls interface. Or do I require a 3rd party app for this? I mean the phone has a front-face camera so this should be possible somehow.

SenseMonkey

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
Yes sir is possible, you'll need a 3rd party app however. I personally use Oovoo. I dont like Skype too much cause it doesn't look as good as oovoo. :thumbup:

Courtesy of My LT3VO :D

Ken CleanAir System

May 2, 2013
Visit site
There is no built in video calling like Facetime on an iPhone/iPod/iPad. There are quite a few free apps that will serve that purpose though. Off the top of my head, there is Google Hangouts, Skype, Tango, and ooVoo. There are probably others as well. Nothing that integrates with the stock dialer like Facetime does on an iDevice though.

mistyisland

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Yes sir is possible, you'll need a 3rd party app however. I personally use Oovoo. I dont like Skype too much cause it doesn't look as good as oovoo. :thumbup:

Courtesy of My LT3VO :D

I have been trying to use Skype with no success. The other party and I can hear each other, but I can't get video to work. I have it enabled in Skype, but it doesn't work. Does anyone else have this problem? Do I have to switch cameras before i start Skype?

update--
I have done some googling, and it seems as if Skype does not work on HTC One. If anyone has had a different experience, please post.

Last edited:

mrbootcrm

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Hangouts works great and it's cross platform. Skype is Ok but it does drain battery some and requires both parties to be logged in. Hangouts(gTalk for us who used this for video calls in the past) is worth a look and kind of a native android thing.

aquatichedgehog

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
I have been trying to use Skype with no success. The other party and I can hear each other, but I can't get video to work. I have it enabled in Skype, but it doesn't work. Does anyone else have this problem? Do I have to switch cameras before i start Skype?

update--
I have done some googling, and it seems as if Skype does not work on HTC One. If anyone has had a different experience, please post.

Skype works fine on mine. Didn't require any settings adjustments, just installed it and logged in.

fareed khan1

Dec 27, 2014
Visit site

update--

I use skype on my htc one and works fine

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon