HTC One: Do you honestly need a screen protector?

superbleester

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Share your opinions! What are your experiences with them? Does the HTC One's glass scratch easily? If you use one t kind? Is it working well?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Last edited by a moderator:

zenabi879

May 18, 2013
Visit site
Re: Do you honestly need a screen protector?

I got the Otterbox Defender and love it. Everything is protected and not much bulk

Sent from my HTCONE using Android Central Forums

bigtnew

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site

I dropped mine and cracked the screen. Now I have a screen protector on it over the crack and it helps me sleep better at night! =)

cohoman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site

Haven't used a screen protector on my last two android smartphones or iPhone. No scratches.

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums

James E1

Trusted Member
Mar 18, 2013
Visit site

I would say no. I have an otterbox defender but removed the screen protector and not planning on putting one on.

estebancam

May 7, 2010
Visit site

The answer is absolutely yes.

Glass will scratch. A $20 investment on a screen protector is worth it.

To this day I do not understand people that refuse to buy screen protectors. They do nothing to the device that is bad, you won't even see it and it protects it against annoying scratches.

Posted via Android Central App

SenseMonkey

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site

I say yes, cant better safe than sorry. I'd rather spend $20 on a quality screen protector like spigen sgp ultra crystal than rather shed a few $100's for a replacement display or phone. Spigens screen protector is well worth the price. :thumbup::D I use to use Zagg's hd one but when i removed it and put on a Spigen one on my Gn2 i saw a hell of a difference. Spigen won. :thumbup:

Courtesy of My LT3VO :D

CaCHooKaMan

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site

yes. my screen scratched a few weeks after getting the phone. you cant really see it unless you hold it at an angle but its definitely there. ive since put a full body matte skin on the phone.

HTC One Skin

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site

It really depends on how you use and handle the phone. My thought is to always invest in a screen protector if possible. You just never know. Fine sand or debris in your pocket will definitely scratch at the right angle or if the condition presents itself.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site

Back in the day with Dummy Phones, I didn't care but Super Phones today are costly and knowing that I will upgrade in 6 months I would like to keep the value as high as possible.

If I knew that I would keep for 3 years and I'm eligible for an upgrade (yes, we get screwed up here 12 more months :( ) I probably wouldn't care as much because honestly how much will the One be worth by then?

thegrants82

Banned
May 8, 2013
Visit site

Share your opinions! What are your experiences with them? Does the HTC One's glass scratch easily? If you use one t kind? Is it working well?

Screen protectors is like buying undercoating for your car. Biggest scam in the business........

Terb

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2013
Visit site

Definitely going to get different answers on this one.

As for me, I just like the piece of mind it gives me having one.

Posted via Android Central App Using My Galaxy S4

superbleester

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site

I got the Otterbox Defender and love it. Everything is protected and not much bulk

Sent from my HTCONE using Android Central Forums

I tried an Otterbox once with an old phone. It was alright. Maybe they are better now.

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site

Screen protectors is like buying undercoating for your car. Biggest scam in the business........

If you're paying more than $5 I would say it is. I can't believe some of these prices especially from ZAGG. $40 plus HST for it. LOL :(

I paid less than $10 shipped. Nillkin Case & Screen Protector.

BTW, I don't buy dealer add-ons. Extended Warranty, depends on the discount.

superbleester

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site

The answer is absolutely yes.

Glass will scratch. A $20 investment on a screen protector is worth it.

To this day I do not understand people that refuse to buy screen protectors. They do nothing to the device that is bad, you won't even see it and it protects it against annoying scratches.

Well in my opinion I don't like the way they feel, even the glass ones. I like the naked glass. To be honest I think that this generation of glass is pretty much resistant to most everyday things, except for sand or rocks.

superbleester

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site

I say yes, cant better safe than sorry. I'd rather spend $20 on a quality screen protector like spigen sgp ultra crystal than rather shed a few $100's for a replacement display or phone. Spigens screen protector is well worth the price. :thumbup::D I use to use Zagg's hd one but when i removed it and put on a Spigen one on my Gn2 i saw a hell of a difference. Spigen won. :thumbup:

Courtesy of My LT3VO :D

I might just try one after reading this!

superbleester

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site

yes. my screen scratched a few weeks after getting the phone. you cant really see it unless you hold it at an angle but its definitely there. ive since put a full body matte skin on the phone.

HTC One Skin

That must suck having a scratch. I can't stand them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scout13fox