Task killer & antivirus

DS1331

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys can you help with this I just dl task killer and it keeps showing apps that aren't even running or showing when I go to settings,apps, running apps why is this? Are they actually running ? And then a minute after I kill all most of them open right back up is that normal

What's the best antivirus for android phones?

Thanks

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums

czrman99

May 2, 2013
Visit site
Not using one right now but had one on my old phone. It is normal. Probably system apps

Sent from my HTCONE using Android Central Forums

mrbootcrm

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
There is really no reason to use a task killer on modern android phones. Doing so will just waste battery and probably slow the phone down. If you want to know why I'm sure someone will chime in, but just know, task killers on anything running ICS and later are not needed and likely going to do the opposite of what you want.

aggie

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Delete task killer. Problem solved. I do not use antivirus software on my phone but I'm sure someone here can point you in the right direction. I've heard good things about Lookout.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

DS1331

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Thanks guys I deleted both the task killer was pointless but I may want a antivirus though cause I mean we all go on sites we prob shouldn't sometimeslol

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums

pete6032

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
What is it that you guys are downloading and from where are you downloading that makes you want to have an antivirus on your phone?

Gothamoddisee

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Since Android 4.2 also checks side-loaded apps for malware, trojans and viruses a program like Lookout is suddenly much less necessary. However, things still slip by the sentries at Google Play. One of the best reasons to install something like Lookout right now are the other features like 'Find my phone'. It's odd that Google still doesn't have a built-in disaster plan (phone recovery, free cloud-backup for personal settings and installed apps), some security apps bridge this gap.

I don't see any reason not to add a resource efficient protection app if your machine can handle it (as the One certainly can) and if you feel more confident conducting sensitive operations on your phone because of it.

What is it that you guys are downloading and from where are you downloading that makes you want to have an antivirus on your phone?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781