Build quality

Rockyroad2

May 4, 2013
Visit site
So I got a new device and the issues are not as bad and are less visible. However, I'm having a problem with the proximity sensor now that never had on the old device. When I make phone calls, the screen is not always turning off when I put it near my cheek, which leads to me turning on mute, speakerphone, or ending the call. Could this be because of a case I bought? It's a hard snap on case that is a pain to remove. Hopefully it's not another hardware issue

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums

Rockyroad2

May 4, 2013
Visit site
So my new phone has less of a gap but I can definitely feel a little gap between the top of my screen and the silver grill. Its not that annoying but i could do without it. I'm not sure if I'll want to exchange it because I feel like I'll just get another device with some new issue and it took them a really long time to transfer my info at the store. I was wondering if I'd be able to trade in this phone again just in case I want to even though I traded in the last one on the 14th day.
Lastly, after the transfer was completed, I noticed a tap to reload previous homescreen icon on my phone. If I were to download all the apps I had before, would they properly be lined up again?

andresgalvan98

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
So it's not supposed to be this way? That's my real question haha. Also, would at&t let me exchange it for free?

If it's 16 days old, NOPE. I called, but instead of telling me it was too late, they gave me some stupid lie about how they JUST called HTC up and how "it's meant to be like that".

Posted via Android Central App

d4vy

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site
The first one I got had this, didn't bother me but a problem with the speaker did ie it didn't work! Got another replacement this also had a gap at the top

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Rockyroad2

May 4, 2013
Visit site
This is my new question now. I care more about whether I'm even able to trade in again and the question about the apps

So my new phone has less of a gap but I can definitely feel a little gap between the top of my screen and the silver grill. Its not that annoying but i could do without it. I'm not sure if I'll want to exchange it because I feel like I'll just get another device with some new issue and it took them a really long time to transfer my info at the store. I was wondering if I'd be able to trade in this phone again just in case I want to even though I traded in the last one on the 14th day.
Lastly, after the transfer was completed, I noticed a tap to reload previous homescreen icon on my phone. If I were to download all the apps I had before, would they properly be lined up again?

Rockyroad2

May 4, 2013
Visit site
bump

Edit:
One more questions, my mother bought this phone for me so I was wondering if I would be able to trade it in by myself if I had the receipt with me.

chrscaley

May 27, 2013
Visit site
If you think your proximity sensor isn't working then check it. Make sure you're in a well lit room and make a call. You should be able to hold the phone and when you place your hand over the sensor the screen should shut off. If it doesn't work you should exchange again Imo. But this time open the phone and check everything before you leave the store. I loved the HTC one but with the hardware issues and the less than stellar battery life I went back to the note 2. In the end for me it was screen size and battery life that won me over with the note 2. I went from the note 2 to the iPhone 5 then s4 then HTC one. In the end the note 2 is my personal favorite. I know that's a little off topic but just thought I'd point out that you always have the option of getting a different phone. Just because the one is what's popular right now doesn't mean it's the best option out there. Good luck and I hope you end up getting it straightened out.

chrscaley

May 27, 2013
Visit site
bump

Edit:
One more questions, my mother bought this phone for me so I was wondering if I would be able to trade it in by myself if I had the receipt with me.

If you're an authorized user on the account I don't see you having any problems doing the exchange yourself.

chrscaley

May 27, 2013
Visit site
This is my new question now. I care more about whether I'm even able to trade in again and the question about the apps

Every phone I've exchanged they didn't base the exchange on the day I originally purchased the first handset but 14 days from when the exchange took place. They should exchange it for you. If they try telling you no then tell them that isn't going to work and they need to make it right. Just remember the customer is always right.

Rockyroad2

May 4, 2013
Visit site
If you're an authorized user on the account I don't see you having any problems doing the exchange yourself.

thank you, I'll give it a shot. And would you happen to know anything about the question I had about the apps and restoring process? And thanks for the suggestion, I plan on keeping my htc one because I love the phone.

chrscaley

May 27, 2013
Visit site
thank you, I'll give it a shot. And would you happen to know anything about the question I had about the apps and restoring process? And thanks for the suggestion, I plan on keeping my htc one because I love the phone.

I'm not sure about restoring the apps to their previous location. Maybe if you have the phone backed up to your Google account. I'm not sure as I haven't attempted to do that with a one. Maybe try going into the settings on the phone you have now and try backing the settings up to your Google account. Not sure if that option is available on the one though. Sorry I couldn't be more help.

truthteller10

Banned
Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Wow..Just checked mine and it does the same thing..Seems like they have pretty poor quality control. Whatever adhesive they used isn't strong enough.

Rockyroad2

May 4, 2013
Visit site
One last thing I noticed was a littke particle in one of my drilled speaker holes. Is this dust? Just a little thing almost completely filling up one hole

Rockyroad2

May 4, 2013
Visit site
Can someone confirm that I will not need to sign anything that I am unauthorized to sign because I did not actually buy it if I try to get a new device within the 14 day period?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781