Any of you able to take clear pics of your moving kids indoors and in low light?

Aggie PT

Jun 19, 2011
Visit site
I am looking to upgrade my EVO 3d to the S4 or One. I am leaning toward the S4, but my main concern is the indoor camera. Both phones are great which makes it hard to choose. The One seemed to take blurry photos of my 2 year old that can't stand still less often than the S4 did at the Sprint store. My question is do any of you have experience taking pics of your moving kids indoors and does it actually take clear pics of them indoors? Thanks.

Posted via Android Central App

SCjRqrQCnBQ19QoYCtdl

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
I am looking to upgrade my EVO 3d to the S4 or One. I am leaning toward the S4, but my main concern is the indoor camera. Both phones are great which makes it hard to choose. The One seemed to take blurry photos of my 2 year old that can't stand still less often than the S4 did at the Sprint store. My question is do any of you have experience taking pics of your moving kids indoors and does it actually take clear pics of them indoors? Thanks.

Without flash, it will do better than any other android phone. Whether they are clear depends on just how low the light is and how much movement. The only phone that can compete in low light is the Nokia.

SCjRqrQCnBQ19QoYCtdl

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
Here is some more info and a couple of shots -

1) The one has a faster lens then the s4, meaning that it lets in more light, which means you can use faster shutter speed than on the s4, thus freezing movement better.
2) The one has Optical Image stabilzation - which doesn't help with subject movement, but does help with correcting for camera shake at low shutter speeds.
3) The one has larger pixels, which means they are more sensitive to light, and thus do better in low light
4) The one's camera is very quick to start and very little shutter lag, which helps to catch the right moment, I have heard that the s4 camera has some shutter lag and slow to open.
5) The one can take burst mode shots at full resolution at 8 frames per second. Again, good for catching the right moment. I think the samsung has a burst mode but I think it is at video resolution. Not 100% sure
6) Zoes take 3 second video and 20 stills at full resolution including about 1/2 second before you push the shutter
7) If you have kids, you will love the zoe highlights. This is a killer feature.

Ok, here are some examples - there was some movement going on here, my daughter was swinging her arms around. They were taken in zoe mode or burst mode and the frames around these show motion blur.
The first one is ISO 1982 at 1/17 second. That is extremely low light. The s4 could not do this shot. The second is normal room light, not bright, ISO 985 at 1/60.
IMAG0453_BURST002.jpgIMAG0388_BURST002.jpg

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I have a 3 1/2 year old that doesn't sit still for more than millisecond so taking pics is hard for me too. The best I personally found...on any smartphone camera...is to use burst mode. It takes a bunch of pics in sequence and usually one or two come out perfect!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca