HTC one - Google play movies

brianmccuk

May 31, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
When I purchase a movie through Google play it won't work and I get the error code 2147483648. Has anyone else had this? The trailers play fine and I've tried all the suggested things like clearing the cache.Please help

Thanks,
Brian

Posted via Android Central App

Michael DHaem

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
I have the same issue on an HTC One I received today from Google. You-Tube video's play no problem. But nothing from the play store works. Its not the app since play store movies play on my Nexus 4. Tried a system reboot, full restore, clearing movie player cash, but nothing helped. This device is just buggered.

Michael DHaem

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
Google's response...

Thank you for contacting us about this issue. Unfortunately, a small amount of HTC devices are not able to support video content on Google Play at this time. Google is working together with HTC to expand the capabilities of these devices so that all users can access and download movies from the Google Play. In the meantime, we encourage you to watch movies from any other Android device and/or the Google Play through a browser on your personal computer.

Thank you for your continued patience as we work on this issue, and we appreciate your enthusiasm for Google Play!

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
That's better than what they told me. Google informed me my phone was the issue and I should seek replacement.

Sent from my HTC One using Mobile Nations mobile app

jhilker

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I'm using my HTC One on Sprint, and I'm having no problems paying my movies from the Play Store. I do have some problems with movies from Flixter, but that's a known issue, according to Flixter.

Posted via Android Central App

andy24king

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem with differing error codes similar to the one above and my mate told me it could be to do with my google play store not being the right country, but I've made purchases and all so I don't think its that. Any sign of a date of when Google and HTC are gonna fix this? Oh and I have the HTC One (UK) Orange (EE) contract. Oh and almost forgot, the problem started after android 4.2.2 was recently installed. HELP!!!

Nick Hawke

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
I also have the latest HTC One running HTC Sense 5.0 and Android 4.2.2.
Won't play movies from Play store on the Google Play Movies app.
Very annoying as I now have 4G and was looking forward to the independence

Gary Kwok

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
Has this problem been resolved? Because my girlfriend has the same problem on her HTC One, and to me, the response from Google is insufficient, because she had downloaded Ironman 3 and successfully watched it several times. The error has only happened in the last few days, with the same error code.

David Schofield

Sep 12, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem watching films and am annoyed having moved from an iPhone to an HTC One because of the good reviews.

Is the problem with all HTC One devices? Is there a timeline for remedying this problem with a software fix?

There should be a notice warning people about this problem before they waste their money.

Robert Cannata

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
This is also the case with Motorola Xoom 2 tablet!!! I just started the google movie account because Motorola Xoom 2 doesnt accept anything else... Now? Nothing...

Tony Hinkle

Jul 17, 2014
Visit site
Was having this problem on an HTC DNA and went to Settings, App Manager, then from the menu selected Reset app preferences. For whatever reason this fixed the problem. Weird.

George H Martin

May 14, 2014
Visit site
I've had this issue occur on a number of my devices (not just HTC). The only way i have found to get around this is to view my purchased content using YouTube.

Open YouTube App/Website->Side Menu (3 horizontal lines)->Purchases (6th option down)

Content plays every time without issue using this method.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kthompson9705kt