Where is the update?

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm surprised Rogers got the System Enhancement update (sensitivity buttons) early ahead of US carriers.

I hope we get another surprise. :)

anon(21022)

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I have an unlocked version, it's the 801e version, but I still don't have the update.

Is that normal? I read is out for all unlocked international models...

I've got the same (just bought it yesterday in Taipei), not seeing the update yet. This is probably the usual incremental rollout, should be getting a notification in a matter of days or so. I'd say if you don't get the update by next week, download it manually, people will have a download link by then hehe

Sent from my HTC One 801e using Tapatalk 4 Beta

turb0wned

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Been running 4.2.2 for two days now. If you thought your One was smooth before, you haven't seen anything yet.

Changes were, smoother, quick settings, battery percentage, you can now put instragram on BlinkFeed and camera improvements. I also notice my captive buttons lighting up brighter.

akf2000

May 13, 2013
Visit site
has anyone had the 4.2.2 update OTA yet? I have an unlocked One in the UK (on EE) and nothing showing up yet.

Does anyone know where it calls home to find updates?

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
Also, it is recommended that you stay away from OTA's after you unlock/root your device as this can cause issues with the phone

No, I bought it unlocked, all devices are sold like this in the middle east.

Posted from my HTC one via Android Central App

Just clear some things up, there is a huge difference between "unlocked bootloader" and SIM unlocked (to allow the device to operate on different networks). Assuming most on this thread are referring to the latter, it should be safe to install OTA updates, as long as they are intended for your device. If you have unlocked your bootloader, rooted, and/or installed a custom recovery (all things you would have to do manually), then it is ill advised to install OTAs.

BigDinCA

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Be prepared to wait awhile then (most likely) as its no secret that AT&T and Sprint do not have a greatest track record when it comes to releasing updates in a timely fashion, if at all sometimes.
I can't speak about AT&T, but I think you are confusing Sprint with Verizon. I've never had issues getting updates to my HTC devices on Sprint. Multiple updates, at that. Including old Windows Mobile devices. And not 6 months after they rolled out to everyone else, but fairly soon.

Topgonzo

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
I can't speak about AT&T, but I think you are confusing Sprint with Verizon. I've never had issues getting updates to my HTC devices on Sprint. Multiple updates, at that. Including old Windows Mobile devices. And not 6 months after they rolled out to everyone else, but fairly soon.

Same here... I think my previous phones had updates in a reasonable amount of time with sprint

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc