Google play thinks I'm rooted

hakimmmmm

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site
Hey
I had Samsung galaxy s2 rooted and now I got HTC one but I can't see movie section in Google play because Google thinks I'm rooted

How can I change this?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta

hakimmmmm

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site
I used to live in Turkey and as far as I know Google play movie is not available in Turkey and I came to India for 2 years but here I see turkish apps only. How can I change it? I thought It's because of root

coggster

May 17, 2010
Visit site
It is more likely to be related to the region Google Play thinks you are in. Have a look through the settings and see what is available (I would look to see but have no signal at work to check). An alternative is to root and then download MoDoCa and remove the Play Store location restrictions.

hakimmmmm

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site
I couldn't find any thing regarding the location restriction and I'm rooted but what is modoca?

hakimmmmm

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site
I tried that but didn't work and weird thing is that when I go to www.googleplay.com from laptop and sing in using my Gmail account it still thinks I'm in Turkey and can't see movie

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
One of the most common solutions is to add a payment method to your account that's from the country you want to be registered from. In some cases, you might have to make a purchase ($.99 song or something) to have the change become permanent.

hakimmmmm

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site
I use two credit cards and one is from Turkey and the other one is from dubai so I don't see uae dubai store if the payment method was the solution

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
:) if I remember correctly movies and books were not available for rooted androids but that changed I think I don't know

I've never not been rooted since they came out with those services and have access to both. I think it has to do with your location, not root.

hakimmmmm

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site
Ya its true because my HTC One is rooted and I added new account and I see all the content, movies books music but when I change to primary account I see only apps. So it's location thing