Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Screen protector. Yes or No?

Was wondering what your experiences are using screen protectors. Are they necessary? And if so what brand is best to not take away from the gorgeous display

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: Screen protector. Yes or No?

they have been selling protectors for years. today most phones have glass not plastic faces. carry phone in different pocket from keys and coin and you will be fine without
    Thanked by:
    bigoldthor likes this.

I use a realtively cheap one and my phone works fine. TBH I'd rather not have one but since I try to look after my phone as best I can for re-sale purposes it's essential.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

I used to use screen protectors on all my smartphones. But last year I went without one and the glass and screen felt so much better. Just worried about small scratches

59er9er likes this.

Global Posts
    2,048 Global Posts
    ROM
    None Yet...

I have a ZAGG HD and I like it so far.
    DS1331 likes this.

Went naked on my GS3 and highly regret it. I don't baby my phone, nor do I beat it; one tiny grain of sand in your pocket will do a number on the screen.

Global Posts
    212 Global Posts

If I use a screen protector it is always a Media Devil. I know that sounds like I have shares but their customer service is second to none and the screen protectors are excellent. One saved my screen just the other day. It got a tare in it but the screen was pristine so worth the money and protecting it as I usually go naked.
    I am back HOME on the epic Nexus 5!!

I decided not to use one on my gnex. I was always careful, never put it in my pocket with anything else.

And one day, I picked it up, and the is a nice long scratch.

Now the resale value is ruined. And, every time I see that scratch, it drives me crazy.

Yes. There is a greater risk of scratching the screen. I know not to put keys or coins but sometimes it happens.

SHIFT_tapatalk 2 hTc One
    "I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie (THE NEWSROOM, HBO)
    59er9er likes this.

Xtreme Guard which is like a Zagg type but much cheaper. It's very good but with this type you don't want to cover the capacitive buttons. They will be nonresponsive so I had to trim it. Otherwise, its good but I can't say it's necessary.
    Mobile Devices: S6 Edge, iPhone 6 plus
    Carrier: AT&T
    Computer: MacBook Pro (2012) 8GB RAM, 750GB HDD
    Other devices: iPad Mini

okay so there is a vote for ZAGG HD and one for Media Devil.

If y'all have a screen protector I would be grateful if you mentioned what you use and why you love it (or don't). I'm struggling over idea of getting screen protector or not and the more information the better.

I went three years without a screen protector on my iPhone 4 and didn't have a single scratch when I traded it in for my One. So I'm going naked again.

Remember that a screen won't scratch itself. If it scratches, you did something to cause it. When deciding whether to use a screen protector, you need to think about how likely you are to scratch it. It depends on your job or how you treat your phone or what you put in your pockets.

Personally, I am confident I will not scratch my screen. I always put it in it's own pocket, screen against the inside (my leg), and I always put my phone down on it's back. It's not going to get scratched like that.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Has anyone tried the Spigen screen protectors? I really want one that doesn't compromise the screen. I used to have one on my iPhone that completely muddied up the screen.

Coming from an IP5, I always used a Zagg screen protector. When I got my One, I so liked the screen feel I did not put a protector on it. I do have the Poetic Atmosphere case on it and love that! Anyway, I went biking a few weekend's ago and my wife's screen got a bit scratched and mine was right next to hers, so I ordered the GLAS.t SLIM protector. I was a bit leery after reading some reviews, but went ahead and put it on last night and really like it. I washed my hands and ensured the screen was pristine. I did not have to take the case off, it went on super easy 1st time. I just lined up the bottom and pressed down the middle. I had 1 bigger air bubble, but pressed it out. Today I have 1 very small one, but I think it will go away. The touch is like the One screen, no issues at all with back or home press. I did have the AT&T software update< i heard if you did not it may be decreased sensitivity.

Anyway, I'm extremely happy with the protector, its invisible and feels just like the original screen.
    Tubes make music sound they way it should, everything else is just nice sounding noise...
    aggie likes this.

Global Posts
    220 Global Posts

got a ghost armor on and I have no issues. Actually prefer it more than Zagg because it hides the fingerprints better.

Quote Originally Posted by Colclutz View Post
    got a ghost armor on and I have no issues. Actually prefer it more than Zagg because it hides the fingerprints better.
    how is the touch sensitivity through ghost armor? I have that on my non touch smart phone and it has been brilliant for 2 years straight (which if you knew me would astound you) but i have no idea how it would translate to a smartphone

If you live in a perfect world you really don't need one.

Since I don't live in that kind of world I always use a screen protector.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

ROM
    Stock

My OG Droid, yes, although a scratch or two wouldn't have hurt it. On my Gnexii, no, although I probably should.

Sent from the (4.2 updated) redheaded stepchild of the Nexii

Poetic Atmosphere case with Spigen screen protector the phone still maintains it's looks with moderate protection. Would not have it any other way need to keep the phone looking good for resale.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

I bought the zagg one when I got my phone from bestbuy- just because they pulled up amazon and pricematched it- then installed it. I hate installing those things...

I love throwing my phone in my pocket without worrying if keys, a ninja star, or a blender is in there to damage my screen.

Plus, according to zagg if I get into a mid-evil duel with a battle ax wielding knight, I can simply use my screen as a shield.

Win-win.

NKYRacing likes this.

Global Posts
    911 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fz1jmp View Post
    Coming from an IP5, I always used a Zagg screen protector. When I got my One, I so liked the screen feel I did not put a protector on it. I do have the Poetic Atmosphere case on it and love that! Anyway, I went biking a few weekend's ago and my wife's screen got a bit scratched and mine was right next to hers, so I ordered the GLAS.t SLIM protector. I was a bit leery after reading some reviews, but went ahead and put it on last night and really like it. I washed my hands and ensured the screen was pristine. I did not have to take the case off, it went on super easy 1st time. I just lined up the bottom and pressed down the middle. I had 1 bigger air bubble, but pressed it out. Today I have 1 very small one, but I think it will go away. The touch is like the One screen, no issues at all with back or home press. I did have the AT&T software update< i heard if you did not it may be decreased sensitivity.

Anyway, I'm extremely happy with the protector, its invisible and feels just like the original screen.

Glad to see this post. I just ordered a GLAS.tr last week and expecting it to arrive today. Had the glas on a few previous devices and loved it but was worried after reading some of the feedback regarding the glas and the One buttons. I have the update as well and the home and back buttons seem to be a bit more responsive so hopefully my experience with the glas screen protector will be as positive as yours.

ROM
    Stock

Practice safe text and put a cover on that bad boy.

Global Posts
    220 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by redfield11 View Post
    how is the touch sensitivity through ghost armor? I have that on my non touch smart phone and it has been brilliant for 2 years straight (which if you knew me would astound you) but i have no idea how it would translate to a smartphone
    No issues at all in my opinion. I can swipe, drag, press & hold, etc with no problems.
    Thanked by:

Who needs a screen protector!?

HTC One Hammer & Knife Scratch Test - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by Gunrack View Post
    Who needs a screen protector!?

HTC One Hammer & Knife Scratch Test - YouTube
    Get you a few grains of sand and rub it on your screen and see what happens. If it doesn't scratch it, I'll never tell anyone to buy a screen protector again.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums
    jaleesag88 likes this.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast