HTC One coming to Verizon - Announced

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm glad HTC and Verizon could finally give Verizon customers the same choices as on the carriers in the US. Now my big dream is 32g and 64g both on Verizon. This announcement stopped me from changing carriers but still hope Verizon will start taking more care of their customers and not only take of their bottom line.
Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

bespinct

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Hope they don't dumb down the device like the DNA. But I will be waiting to see what moto and others have around the same time. Waited this long, what's waiting a little longer?

I'm confused, how did they dumb down the DNA? And compared to what?

Steve

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

McSkullough

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
Wonder where they're going to slap the Verizon logo on this. The Note 2 for Verizon is horrendous.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta

packerbacker

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
Nice. I was going to get the S4, but now I have a decision to make. Good problem to have.
Me too! I'm 99% sure my choice is sealed unless VZW does something really stupid with the One. But I'm not sure much could make me not want it. I'm stuck on Verizon and I'm pretty sure the One is going to be the best phone they carry when it's released.

I'm glad HTC and Verizon could finally give Verizon customers the same choices as on the carriers in the US. Now my big dream is 32g and 64g both on Verizon. This announcement stopped me from changing carriers but still hope Verizon will start taking more care of their customers and not only take of their bottom line.
Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums
God, me too. I'm sick of Verizon's crap but I'm on my parents' family plan (which per month for me is obviously cheaper) and am about to get locked in for two more years when I upgrade this summer. Ah well.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I would be very surprised if the verizon version wasn't a big upgrade and hardware.

Posted via Android Central App

It won't be. HTC would not risk it. The only thing that might be different is the color options, and perhaps the storage. Everything else will be the same. If it wasn't, it wouldn't be called the One.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I prefer it identical to the other versions. Really don't like your choice in carrier limiting your device selection. I also agree that we probably won't see Google Editions or developer editions on Verizon, but I wouldn't have expected AT&T to support those editions either, so what do I know.... I guess since they're set up GSM to work on as many LTE bands as they could without explicitly supporting Verizon, AT&T just looks at it as revenue potential with minimal effort on their part to maintain.

Glad to see an official announcement, now it just needs a date and specifics about which model(s).

packerbacker

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
Verizon seems to have the motto: "Anything worth doing, is worth doing slowly". Seems like it should be out by July 7, but I sure wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't.
It's worth the wait unless it gets delayed many months. That's without a doubt the phone I want, and I am so stoked Verizon got it so I wouldn't settle. (Not that the S4 is much of a "settle", that's a great phone too.)

chuckh0308

Apr 3, 2011
www.welcomehomeseattle.com
Nice to see htc and Verizon hashed it out. Finally everyone on all 4 networks will have the choice of getting this awesome phone

I don't think they hashed it out. My guess is that Samsung paid VZW a lot of money to make sure the One was delayed. Either that or HTC needed that time to figure out how to fit the OS on the device along with the VZW bloat into just 8 GB of storage...lol!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan