How to keep videos as landscape mode even when "auto-rotate" is off

yasssman

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site
Whenever I watch videos and I turn autorotate off, it defaults in portrait mode which is not ideal as most of the screen is being unused. Is there any way to "lock" the video in landscape mode when autorotate is off? Problem of course with autorotate is that when you lie on your side the phone thinks it is vertically positioned.

Anyone got any suggestions?

mrbootcrm

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Whenever I watch videos and I turn autorotate off, it defaults in portrait mode which is not ideal as most of the screen is being unused. Is there any way to "lock" the video in landscape mode when autorotate is off? Problem of course with autorotate is that when you lie on your side the phone thinks it is vertically positioned.

Anyone got any suggestions?

I'd assume you just need to toggle auto rotate. Luckily there are widgets to do this. Either on your home screen or in the notification shade.

yasssman

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site
I'd assume you just need to toggle auto rotate. Luckily there are widgets to do this. Either on your home screen or in the notification shade.

Thanks for the reply. The problem I am having is that I often lie down on my side in bed watching a video, so essentially the phone thinks it is upright when in reality it is sideways. So autorotate is hindering the problem. I guess one way might be to recalibrate the autorotate feature every time I'm in bed...