HTC One Android 4.2.2 (A sneaky look)

fernandez21

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
What about lockscreen widgets? Thats seems to either be missing or the three different "previews" i have seen have forgotten to mention it.

madlaw1071

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
wonder what that Flipboard option is for Daydream? If it's the App, wonder if it will replace Blinkfeed, which is quite awful.

matt3166

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
What about lockscreen widgets? Thats seems to either be missing or the three different "previews" i have seen have forgotten to mention it.

Yeah, this is the one thing I'd like to see too. But since HTC likes to make their own lock screens with a tons of options, they probably wont add it.

madlaw1071

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I found this and it doesn't look like it has any thing to do with Blinkfeed. Since you have the S4 it should be on your phone.

Feature: Android 4.2 "Daydream" mode

Seems like you are wrong or didnt watch the video. In the video, when discussing Daydream, there were 2 options, one was Daydream the other was Flipboard. From the link you posted(which is from last year) it seems HTC replaced Currents with a Flipboard option. This is quite intriguing since Blinkfeed is baked into the OS.

Oh by the way, I have 2 Ones AND an S4.

mysterygirl

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Seems like you are wrong or didnt watch the video. In the video, when discussing Daydream, there were 2 options, one was Daydream the other was Flipboard. From the link you posted(which is from last year) it seems HTC replaced Currents with a Flipboard option. This is quite intriguing since Blinkfeed is baked into the OS.

Oh by the way, I have 2 Ones AND an S4.

James is right. I have an S4 in hand. The options for Daydream on the S4 are colors, Flipboard, photo frame, and photo table. Pretty sure this is the Flipboard developers and app taking advantage of the Daydream feature. Seems to have nothing to do with HTC or Blinkfeed.

Posted via Android Central App

mysterygirl

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for sharing. Update looks good, without being revolutionary (I don't think 4.2.2 adds a lot to the Android experience). Still hoping to see this on my DE within the next couple weeks. I like updates! :)

madlaw1071

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
James is right. I have an S4 in hand. The options for Daydream on the S4 are colors, Flipboard, photo frame, and photo table. Pretty sure this is the Flipboard developers and app taking advantage of the Daydream feature. Seems to have nothing to do with HTC or Blinkfeed.

I know it's on the S4. The question is why did HTC include it in the 4.2.2 when it will directly compete with Blinkfeed out of the box?

mysterygirl

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I know it's on the S4. The question is why did HTC include it in the 4.2.2 when it will directly compete with Blinkfeed out of the box?

I don't think HTC included it. I think it was installed by the user of the phone in the video. The app, once installed on a device running 4.2.2, takes advantage of the Daydream feature. If you search online or on YouTube for other HTC One's using 4.2.2, you'll see that "Colors" is the only Daydream option on those phones. I'm pretty convinced that all we're seeing here is a user-installed copy of Flipboard. If I go to the DayDream feature on my stock Nexus 10 device, I'll also see Flipboard as an option--simply because I have the Flipboard app installed, certainly not because Google included it as part of stock 4.2.2.

Last edited:

Rule9

Banned
Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
Perfect! I hated HTC's implementation of the capacitive buttons, this update addresses every beef I had. This phone has now just became one of my top 2 picks for 2013 along with the Moto X. Sorry Samsung, your and Apple's physical home buttons are too 2008 for me, and I don't have to enter the settings menu to disable animations on the HTC One for it to perform optimally.

sooner7

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
As an S4 owner. I would like to tell you guys that Sense 5 on 4.1.2/4.2.2 on your Ones is downright beautiful. I wish the S4 had a UI comparable to that so I didn't need to run AOSP.