Copy / Paste Images

td50

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I purchased a new HTC One (with AT&T) over the weekend, and I have been enjoying it. However, I have had some trouble with copying and pasting images.

First, in Chrome, the option does not even exist (as far as I can tell). When I long press an image, I get the options to open it or save it, but not to copy it. I got around the issue by saving the image and then sharing it, but that's a clunky alternative.

Second, in the stock internet browser, the option does seem to exist. However, when I copy an image and attempt to paste it inside a text message, all that shows up is a little square. When I attempt to view the "object," it shows up as an SMS.

Anyone know how to resolve this?

Thanks!

friedtators

May 27, 2013
Visit site
you gotta save it first

then get file manager hd from play store and use it to cut and paste and explore etc. i love android but its not like windows and file management requires a app

td50

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the reply.

If that's the case, then I'm confused why the stock browser would have the option to copy an image to the clipboard in the first place.

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
You cannot copy/ paste images into a message or any other application. It has to be saved to your device and used as an attachment.

"Differences of habit and language are nothing at all if our aims are identical and our hearts are open.? -courtesy of Albus Dumbledore, via my droid DNA.

Cameron Elliot

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
I'm with you on this one. I just "upgraded" from galaxy s2 to nexus 5. My s2 could copy/paste images and I just assumed it was part of android. Perhaps not, as it seems there as absolutely no way to just copy and paste an image in stock android. I presume it was Samsung's software overlay which was enabling the image copy and pasting.

That stock android can't do this is so lame I can't believe it. I don't buy this "It has to be saved to your device and used as an attachment" thing either, I don't want to download an image into my gallery, I just want to copy/paste a goddam image!

Analyst44

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site
You cannot copy/ paste images into a message or any other application. It has to be saved to your device and used as an attachment.

This is not exactly true. A workaround is to use Firefox for Android. Long-press the photo you'd like to share and a menu will pop up of all the places you can share it to. This will share both the direct link to the photo and the photo itself.

I've been doing this for years to circumvent needing to save images to the phone in order to attach them. Have used it with many apps, including K-9 mail, SMS, OneNote, etc.

ironboy 24

Jan 3, 2017
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I purchased a new HTC One (with AT&T) over the weekend, and I have been enjoying it. However, I have had some trouble with copying and pasting images.

First, in Chrome, the option does not even exist (as far as I can tell). When I long press an image, I get the options to open it or save it, but not to copy it. I got around the issue by saving the image and then sharing it, but that's a clunky alternative.

Second, in the stock internet browser, the option does seem to exist. However, when I copy an image and attempt to paste it inside a text message, all that shows up is a little square. When I attempt to view the "object," it shows up as an SMS.

Anyone know how to resolve this?

Thanks!

Use us browser it will

Alketas1971

May 4, 2016
Visit site
Hi. How are you? I found a question about your copy paste images and photos. Did you find a solution or a way to do this; ; I have the same question.
I use chrome.
Sorry for any mistakes in the text.
Samsung galaxy Core 2 /4.4.2
Friendly greetings ,Alkis

KittKatt1229

May 15, 2017
Visit site
you gotta save it first

then get file manager hd from play store and use it to cut and paste and explore etc. i love android but its not like windows and file management requires a app

Okay my new Motorola can't copy and paste symbols either. I saved it and download file manager hd but don't see any option to edit picture or cut. I just want to share an emoji from a webpage.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thtknt