When phone rings, how to silence it & let it ring out?

EoN604

May 23, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys,

When the HTC One rings, if I pick up the device to see who is calling, but then don't want to take the call, is there a way to silence the ringing, and just let it just ring out and go through to voicemail?

It appears that if the phone rings, then I pick up the phone but don't answer in just a few seconds it goes straight to voicemail. I'm wondering if this is automatically interpreting me as clicking 'decline' because it's sensed me 'picking it up' but not accepting it? Is this what's happening? Because I don't want the phone declining a call on behalf of me when I haven't clicked decline. (May be considered rude by the caller) What are the various options you can take here? What does the HTC One 'automatically do'? I read something about it automatically silencing the ringing when you pick up the device, but does it decline the call too?

Cheers

Gothamoddisee

May 15, 2013
Visit site
To stop your phone from ringing and vibrating on your end, but have the caller go to voicemail after the normal amount of rings, just click on any volume key. Works for all sorts of phones.

Hi guys,

When the HTC One rings, if I pick up the device to see who is calling, but then don't want to take the call, is there a way to silence the ringing, and just let it just ring out and go through to voicemail?

It appears that if the phone rings, then I pick up the phone but don't answer in just a few seconds it goes straight to voicemail. I'm wondering if this is automatically interpreting me as clicking 'decline' because it's sensed me 'picking it up' but not accepting it? Is this what's happening? Because I don't want the phone declining a call on behalf of me when I haven't clicked decline. (May be considered rude by the caller) What are the various options you can take here? What does the HTC One 'automatically do'? I read something about it automatically silencing the ringing when you pick up the device, but does it decline the call too?

Cheers

Posted via Android Central App

EoN604

May 23, 2013
Visit site
Sounds reasonable. But has anyone else noticed that the phone seems to silence the ringing and then 'decline' the call if you just pick the phone up and don't press anything? Is that a configurable setting?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senkajo