Anyway to skip song without going to Music app?

cafshari

May 31, 2013
Visit site
With music playing, I wish I could jump to the next song without having to go back into the music app and hit next. On my Blackberry I could hold the Volume Up button to skip. Anyone know?

mrbootcrm

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
With music playing, I wish I could jump to the next song without having to go back into the music app and hit next. On my Blackberry I could hold the Volume Up button to skip. Anyone know?

You could use the music app widget. Also note that music controls should appear on the lock screen as well.

cafshari

May 31, 2013
Visit site
Literally just realized I could swipe down from the top of the screen and hit the next button from there. Guess that works but the way I mentioned in my first post was better (on my blackberry) because I could do it while my phone was locked.

akk60

May 5, 2013
Visit site
Agreed, I came from a blackberry and I loved that, the best thing you can do is to buy some headphones with an in-line remote, so you can pause, change the volume, or change the song.

Posted from my HTC one via Android Central App

mrbootcrm

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Bluetooth headphones also mostly have music controls on them.

Edit: just out of curiosity did holding the volume on the blackberry also turn the volume up? I mean, even if it wasn't designed to did it happen on accident sometimes?

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site

Use a music player like poweramp as this functionality is built in.

cafshari

May 31, 2013
Visit site
Bluetooth headphones also mostly have music controls on them.

Edit: just out of curiosity did holding the volume on the blackberry also turn the volume up? I mean, even if it wasn't designed to did it happen on accident sometimes?

If u click the vol up button it would make it louder, if u held that button it would skip to next song.

ced2334

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
I have the full version of poweramp and the volume keys do not control track skip on my nexus 4 or HTC one. If you have cyanogenmod installed on your phone though it works with all music players. Good function to have when driving. If anyone knows of an app that supports this I'd for sure be interested as well.

Posted via Android Central App

sparkly flea

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
Poweramp will show on the lock screen with controls to skip. It's in settings under...LOCK SCREEN. Works on my One.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD

mrbootcrm

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Go to settings/personalize/lock screen and select music lock screen and you will get music controls on your lock screen.

You also get music controls on the wallpaper lock screen. But I suppose that's only when you are playing music. The other would probably allow you to start playback initially if that is important to the user.

Honza Bacak

May 5, 2014
Visit site
Hi, I know this is old post but if you still need help try "pocket skip track" on Google play. I had the same problem because i had cyanogenmod on my old phone. It was great fuction and this app working great as well ;) You have to set maximum delay between two clicks to +-120 ms.

ankit_ruag

Jun 12, 2016
Visit site
try Frinky Music Controller ( no root required )
I always wanted to have an app which controls music with volume keys but i could not find any which does it smoothly. So I developed my own :D . My app Frinky Music Controller on GOOGLE PLAY controls music with volume keys and smartly controls music volume. It supports more 200 music players including poweramp, musixmatch, doubletwist, la musique, rocket player, blackplayer, pi music player, and Spotify. It works on both rooted and non-rooted phones.
Some features of the app are :
Next Song -- press volume UP key single time to play next song.
Previous Song -- use volume DOWN key to play previous song.
Control Volume -- when we want to control music volume , most of the time we press volume key more than once (next time when you adjust volume , feel it) . So the app uses this tendency of users as a function to control music volume i.e press volume key more than once to adjust volume.
Stop song -- Oh! you play music in your class in absence of professor here comes the professor .... turn off the music quickly by UP+UP+DOWN+DOWN key action (it takes less time than muting the volume and unlocking the screen :D .
Sleep Timer : Single sleep timer for all your music apps.
Manually control app's service : well to understand this feature you will have to download the app.
It consumes very less amount of ram.
I am new here so can not post link.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm