HTC One: Microphone Issues

DS1331

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Re: Microphone Issues

Has anyone tried a factory reset to fix this yet because I know their going to make me try it before I try and exchange it

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

CasaMofo

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site

Any updates on this issue? I'm having it as well and was hoping to find a fix that didnt require me to exchange...

Ethan Nobles

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site

I had the same issue until I took the case off and tested my phone without it. The case was the issue -- to resolve it, I've bored out the microphone hole on the bottom of the case enough to make sure the mic is fully exposed and that appears to have done the trick.

The case I'm using, by the way, is the Speck Candyshell.

Gothamoddisee

May 15, 2013
Visit site

UPDATE:

On T-Mobile, still having the same issue with the mic. No case and with all the latest updates from T-Mobile. Issue persists in different situations holding the handset in different ways. I'm hopeful that this gets fixed, because this is a great phone despite this sometimes very troublesome issue.

LouCap

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site

Yes, the small hole to the right of the camera lens when you are looking at the back of the phone.

tfrankson

May 17, 2010
Visit site

Im having this same issue on T Mobile. Callers say i should very low and muffled.

Posted via Android Central App

DS1331

May 25, 2013
Visit site

Yeah I had to exchange phones cause of the Mic issues the screen was brighter on my last one too ! The Mic issue was fixed though lol

usguyver

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site

Hi everyone,

I am having issues with my new HTC One. Specifically, people seem to have a hard time hearing me in calls. They say my voice is very muffled. This problem is independent of location or signal. However, when I place the call on speaker, people can hear me crystal clear.

Has anyone else experienced this issue?

I am not having this issue.

fides7

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site

I returned 2 HTC Ones because of this problem. Love the phone and hoping 4.2.2 might fix this issue...

CTT2

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site

Is exchanging the phones accomplishing anything?

I just bought mine at bestbuy for full price and I have been told repeatedly that people cant hear me and I always have to talk louder than normal to make them hear me.

I do not use a case at all, but I do have the bestbuy protection plan in which I can just drive over the phone with my car and get a new one.

tfrankson

May 17, 2010
Visit site

Actually my zagg skin was covering my mic on the back of phone. The hole was not punched out. I'm amazed how loud now my phone is and no more complaints about me sounding too low. So just in case if anyone has on a skin make sure the mic is not being covered up. I almost took the phone back.

IamSavic

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site

i had this issue, i could hear them but they couldnt hear me so i had the phone for 5 weeks so rogers wouldnt swap it so i had to send it back it took three weeks they said they replaced a flex part , now its workin fine

Mojofilter9

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site

I had this issue on my S3... Turns out the microphone hole had some fluff in it which I unblocked by (carefully) prodding it with a paperclip.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

LBRMARJORIE

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site

Has anyone gotten this resolved thru HTC?? I got my SPRINT HTC ONE in April and EVERYONE says they can't hear me and I sound muffled. Sometimes if I put the front mic right in front of my mouth, they can hear me better, but not always, and holding it differently makes it a little hard to hear the caller. I've tested the voice recorder, covering the front and then the back microphone, w and w/out the OtterBox cover and it sounds fine in all--no static whatsoever. I also tried video recording using both front and back camera, w and w/out the cover and it sounds horrible either way, like I'm in a wind storm. Doesn't make any sense to me but perhaps there there is something going on with the way the 2 mics work when on a call. I hate to trade it in but I can't use the phone the way it is!!

DS1331

May 25, 2013
Visit site

I had the same delima I didn't want to exchange mine but I did Nd the microphone works perfectly now

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Very odd my previous Sprint HTC One didn't do this and my T-Mobile HTC One isn't either... I got lucky I guess :).

Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One using AC Forums.

terrysnexus

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site

Hi everyone,

I am having issues with my new HTC One. Specifically, people seem to have a hard time hearing me in calls. They say my voice is very muffled. This problem is independent of location or signal. However, when I place the call on speaker, people can hear me crystal clear.

Has anyone else experienced this issue?

Exactly the same for Nexus 10, much to the mirth of my iPad friends.

EverNap

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site

I think I have the same issue too. I've had people complain to me that my microphone volume was too low when I called on the Vonage app over WiFi, but I just assumed it was something to do with the app (since nobody complained on normal cellular calls). Now I was trying out the Whatsapp voice chat thingy, and I noticed that I could barely hear my own recording and that too with my phone volume set to max.

Should I consider asking for a replacement (or send it in for repair)? :(