Google keyboard vs sense 5 keyboard.

JRLasVegas

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
I just downloaded it and it seems to have bigger buttons so I can be more accurate. But now I have to kind of get used to it.

The screen shots I saw before showed down arrow keys which I like but I don't see it on mine.

Any opinions on or advice in this new keyboard?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1370490561997.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1370490561997.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 224

Gamer_Radar

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
I've never had arrow's on my Google Keyboard, on my N7, N4... Only on my HTC One X and my moms HTC (idk old a** phone)..'s default keyboard.. On my One X with the Google KB, doesnt show up either.

fernandez21

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm testing it out now too. So far I like it better, seems less cluttered and better predictions.

As for the arrow keys, I don't see any option for them in the settings menu.

I just looked at the pictures in the play store, I think your mistaking the home, back, and multitasking buttons for arrow keys.

berdinkerdickle

Nov 18, 2008
Visit site
I like having the arrow (navigation) keys you get with HTC.
On my Samsung device I downloaded Kii

Here is HTC's Keyboard:
keyboard.jpg

Kryptonal

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
I was not happy with its predictions at first compared to Swiftkey until I changed the auto correct to aggressive. Since then though it has actually been really great.

Posted via Android Central App

Russ Smith

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Is there any emoji? And anyone know the difference between normal/aggressive/very aggressive autocorrect settings?

Sent from my HTC One

zipro

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Is there any emoji? And anyone know the difference between normal/aggressive/very aggressive autocorrect settings?

Sent from my HTC One

yes there's emoji. I greatly prefer Google's version, although it's not officially available in Switzerland yet and autocorrect underlines all German words although word suggestion works fine

akf2000

May 13, 2013
Visit site
I got as far as Google Keyboard Settings > Add-on Dictionaries > Emoji for English Words

but no idea how to switch to it or if this is even a keyboard.

I would expect Emoji to appear as an 'input language' but no sign of it.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Thinking about giving this keyboard a try for a few days to see if I like it. I have Swiftkey as well. But I have been wanting the Google Keyboard for some time...Not I can test it.

stesyl

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
Tried it then removed du to lack of second function an the keys. Have to open number function to get to exclamation, question mark etc..

tsells

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Tried it then removed du to lack of second function an the keys. Have to open number function to get to exclamation, question mark etc..

No you don't. To get to common ones, you just hold the "period" key and scroll to the one you want. It's actually a good feature and really easy to see!

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
I just downloaded and using Google Keyboard to reply to this thread...

I need more time to compare but so far I'm impressed.

SHIFT_tapatalk 2 hTc One

JRLasVegas

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
I'm testing it out now too. So far I like it better, seems less cluttered and better predictions.

As for the arrow keys, I don't see any option for them in the settings menu.

I just looked at the pictures in the play store, I think your mistaking the home, back, and multitasking buttons for arrow keys.

Your right, is was late and I was not wearing my glasses, here is a screen shot.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1370539975326.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1370539975326.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 76

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool