data usage

onlyoneromeo

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
Im on my second htc one .the first one I sent back because of gaps in the body construction. Now with this phone I am noticing that the data sign is showing at the same time I am connected to wifi. None of my other cell phones do this .I got a notice today from att that im already 65 percent through my data allowance (10gig).this is highly improbable because monday thru friday 9am to 5pm im on my jobs wifi. If I go crazy and stream youtube and netflix then sometimes I get a data warning a few days before my billing cycle is up. So I call att and speak to a rep and they inform me that the data (4g) signal should not be showing upwhile the wifi signal is on and connected. Needless to say im not very happy that I may have to get yet another replacement phone .

Anyone else have this problem?

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Im on my second htc one .the first one I sent back because of gaps in the body construction. Now with this phone I am noticing that the data sign is showing at the same time I am connected to wifi. None of my other cell phones do this .I got a notice today from att that im already 65 percent through my data allowance (10gig).this is highly improbable because monday thru friday 9am to 5pm im on my jobs wifi. If I go crazy and stream youtube and netflix then sometimes I get a data warning a few days before my billing cycle is up. So I call att and speak to a rep and they inform me that the data (4g) signal should not be showing upwhile the wifi signal is on and connected. Needless to say im not very happy that I may have to get yet another replacement phone .

Anyone else have this problem?

If its an att model it seems to be the norm. Mine does it but when WiFi is on no mobile data is in use.

friedtators

May 27, 2013
Visit site
that is an odd issue. android is designed to connect to wifi first without any intervention. in networking, like at home you might have a Ethernet cable into your laptop dock and wifi. its never connections to both. you know that you can turn off mobile data to troubleshoot. i hope you dont have some malware

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Guys...

All it does it show the 4G symbol. Its not really being used. Do a speed test VIA speedtest.net app and you will see what I am talking about.