First cut is the deepest

NastyNeil

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Well, I have to say I got my first scratch on my screen and it pretty much ruined my weekend, lol. I have had this phone since launch with no problems. I have had keys drop on it, dropped it on pavement while in case, and it has also passed the kid test. I dropped it on my carpet yesterday and when I picked it up and cleaned the screen with my shirt I noticed a scratch, not deep, but a scratch in the upper left corner. It either hit something on the carpet and scratched or got a piece of dirt or sand on it and when I cleaned it with my shirt I must have done it. It is not that noticeable but I see it, and we all know how that goes. I don't want to put a screen protector on this beautiful screen, but now I am second guessing that decision. Anyone else with any battle scars or war stories to tell? Ha. This is probably a pointless thread to start, but just curious to hear any similar stories.

estebancam

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Only one thing to add:

Get a screen protector. I have said this in other threads. A $20 screen protector would have avoided your issue. :)

Get a ghost armor or Zagg HD shield. Your screen will look just as gorgeous.

Posted via Android Central App

davidtm

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I gotta agree. I never used a screen protector before, but I have the one that came with my (Otterbox Commuter) case, and I hardly notice it. Makes the ol' shirt technique less anxiety-provoking! :D

ipeaches

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site
last time i tried to use a screen protector, i hated it. it dulled the beauty of the screen and felt like a barrier between me and my phone. i would never use a screen protector again. i can understand your hesitation in putting a cheap piece of plastic over one of the most beautiful screens in the mobile market today.

jonathan2677

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Yeah maybe a spigen glass or something ghost armors suck and zagg don't get me started HD, ha! I don't use one but been thinking about a spugen now the buttons issue is solved if you don't know of them check it out there actually glass not like others

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

flippedout

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
That sucks. Sorry to hear.

I use SGP ultra clear and while the installation can go easily wrong with their screen protectors I have not noticed and degradation in quality.

I once scratched my Droid Incredible screen and once I put a protector on it the scratch seemed to disappear (mostly). Just a thought if seeing the scratch eats at you.

Posted via Android Central App

Club Paradise

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
I always use a screen protector, if you take you time applying it and have no bubbles or dust you can't even tell it has one on. Don't want a phone I have a 2 year contract on to have scratches as it will always bother me I'm ocd like that lol

mrbootcrm

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Screen protectors are like condoms. No one likes them, and they are a pain to use but they are sometimes necessary.

So like...? I should use a screen protector when using a phone I'm not familiar with but I can go without when using the phone I'm used to and trust? ;) But really, I've never used one(screen protector, not condom) and I've never had a scratch. What people are doing to scratch Gorilla Glass is beyond me. Feel free to use however if it doesn't bother you. Just remember one thing, if the screen protector is all scratched up don't assume it "saved" your screen from the same fate. Differences in hardness etc.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I got my HTC One and the first thing I did is install a ZAGG IS HD. You cant even really tell its there. Worth the investment IMO.

Topgonzo

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
I got my HTC One and the first thing I did is install a ZAGG IS HD. You cant even really tell its there. Worth the investment IMO.

A phone isn't really a investment.. You buy it most likely knowing you will get another one in a couple years max.
When you sell it no one is going to buy it for what you paid for it. If you do a buy back then it doesn't matter anyways. I like the feel of the screen naked. Protectors should not be needed but people get ocd and have to keep everything brand new. I don't want to sacrifice using my phone the way it was made so that I can look through a screen protector.
How I feel won't change the world or other people's opinion. If my phone gets screwed up within a year or two then I use insurance and replace it. No I wouldn't replace it only for a couple scratches on the screen. The way phones are made, especially high end phones you shouldn't need to buy all the extra crap. Companies just making money for useless items

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Chosen414

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Got my phone Thursday but couldn't get a case or screen protector, (ZAGG HD), until this friday, (Payday) lol...but this weekend, got a nick in the back of my One, smh...it fell out my pocket and hit the ground smfh.....im hurt!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Got my phone Thursday but couldn't get a case or screen protector, (ZAGG HD), until this friday, (Payday) lol...but this weekend, got a nick in the back of my One, smh...it fell out my pocket and hit the ground smfh.....im hurt!!!!

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
I know it feels amazing without a screen protector but even a tiny scratch can change your life. ;-)

SHIFT_tapatalk 2 hTc One

vasekvi

May 5, 2013
Visit site
Sorry to hear about the scratch. I feel your pain. I guess this is the choice we all get to make.

Want the phone naked? We have to assume we are ready to be ok with scratches. Sand will scratch gorilla glass.

Want your phone protected and don't want to spend Lot of money? Get a cheap screen protector and it will feel cheap.

Want your screen protected and want it to look and feel as good as the screen without a screen protector and still resist smudges? Get the spigen glass screen protector.

Want your screen protected but are no good at applying screen protector without a mess of bubbles? Get the Moshi iVisor XT.

Sent from my AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk II

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
A phone isn't really a investment.. You buy it most likely knowing you will get another one in a couple years max.
When you sell it no one is going to buy it for what you paid for it. If you do a buy back then it doesn't matter anyways. I like the feel of the screen naked. Protectors should not be needed but people get ocd and have to keep everything brand new. I don't want to sacrifice using my phone the way it was made so that I can look through a screen protector.
How I feel won't change the world or other people's opinion. If my phone gets screwed up within a year or two then I use insurance and replace it. No I wouldn't replace it only for a couple scratches on the screen. The way phones are made, especially high end phones you shouldn't need to buy all the extra crap. Companies just making money for useless items

Well thats your choice. However I like having the option of selling my device for more than I paid for it on contract after a year and getting another new phone. This is why I can sell mine for 15%+ more than most common listed devices. Mine do not have any scratches and are like new condition. So it does matter depending on what you end up doing with it.

Topgonzo

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
Well thats your choice. However I like having the option of selling my device for more than I paid for it on contract after a year and getting another new phone. This is why I can sell mine for 15%+ more than most common listed devices. Mine do not have any scratches and are like new condition. So it does matter depending on what you end up doing with it.

That's cool man. Whatever you want.. I don't know if you buy a phone for 199.00 after one year how you are buying a new upgrade for that same price.
I've bought and sold in eBay and Craigslist for some time.. Usually a phone in like new condition gets about 220 to 300 maybe after a year of being out.
If you get that I'm not sure how you upgrade once a year for that amount.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
That's cool man. Whatever you want.. I don't know if you buy a phone for 199.00 after one year how you are buying a new upgrade for that same price.
I've bought and sold in eBay and Craigslist for some time.. Usually a phone in like new condition gets about 220 to 300 maybe after a year of being out.
If you get that I'm not sure how you upgrade once a year for that amount.

Yup I normally end up selling it after having it for a year or so. Like my S3 sold for $350. I spent $100 on my HTC One with a renewal of a contract so I made some extra cash. But to get the prices I like the device has to pretty much be in perfect shape. If you keep your phone for 2 years then I would care a lot less and would agree with you. But you and I come from different angles and thats ok! :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante