Getting Frustrated with HTC One & Sprint

Jaggrey

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Pines blvd and university drive or 33025. The days isn't great at all very slow.

A lot of Pines is bad. You think that area is bad try Pembroke Lakes Mall. But there are pockets of LTE around there that work great, which gives a glimmer of hope. The areas that are lighting up with 4g are very promising and encouraging, so I'm sticking it out. They've been on a roll the past couple of months filling in the 4g gaps.

Posted via Android Central App

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
A lot of Pines is bad. You think that area is bad try Pembroke Lakes Mall. But there are pockets of LTE around there that work great, which gives a glimmer of hope. The areas that are lighting up with 4g are very promising and encouraging, so I'm sticking it out. They've been on a roll the past couple of months filling in the 4g gaps.

Posted via Android Central App

Yeah delta I don't believe your market is an officially launched market.. I believe you are seeing the test LTE.

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.

Topgonzo

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
Yeah delta I don't believe your market is an officially launched market.. I believe you are seeing the test LTE.

They finally finished work yesterday in my area for the 2nd phase of lte on Sprint. These are the speeds I'm seeing around town.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1371308042585.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1371308042585.jpg
    151.2 KB · Views: 27

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
They finally finished work yesterday in my area for the 2nd phase of lte on Sprint. These are the speeds I'm seeing around town.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Very nice :). I was doing speedtests for a few weeks on the way to work.. At first it was like 10 down / 1 Mbit up... It's slowly gotten better to get 25 Mbit down but the upload was stoll barley 1 Mbit... Now they are getting that fixed as well as the continue the rollout in Jacksonville :).

Attachments

• 1371314606404.jpg
    1371314606404.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 31
  • 1371314613650.jpg
    1371314613650.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 31

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
A few days ago Raleigh NC was officially on 4G LTE for Sprint! Now to test my friends and family phones to see how fast it really is. That way I'll decide to move to T-Mo or stay with Sprint. :confused: :D

If I'm very clever, and I'm more than clever, I'm brilliant! I might just save the World, or rip it apart!

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Hey ShipWreck, I like the Battlestar Galactica pic you got there!
I used to have it as one of my changing wallpapers on my Palm Prē!

If I'm very clever, and I'm more than clever, I'm brilliant! I might just save the World, or rip it apart!

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
That's why I paid the ETF and left.

You paid the ETF and left. From which carrier and why?
Valid question you didn't explain.

Anyway, I think you should go with the company that gives you better service and coverage, and a good price too!

I actually have very good coverage with Sprint on 3G most of everywhere I go, I used to have great 4G WiMax (service and coverage) but now is not that good, even in town. And that's why I'm thinking about T-Mobile, but I need to see if the price is right and the coverage is the same or better compared to Sprint.

"If I'm very clever, and I'm more than clever, I'm brilliant! I might just save the World, or rip it apart!"
~Doctor Who.

Gamer_Radar

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
I've had nothing but problems using HTC Hardware. Their antennas are snotty.. I've gone through 5 HTC one X's.. Then switched to a galaxy S3.. I'm back on the one x and having the same antenna issues.

Trust me. Its probably the device. The store will lie so they don't loose the sale, which they run off of commission.

Sent from my HTC One X using AC Forums mobile app

Gamer_Radar

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
You paid the ETF and left. From which carrier and why?
Valid question you didn't explain.

Anyway, I think you should go with the company that gives you better service and coverage, and a good price too!

I actually have very good coverage with Sprint on 3G most of everywhere I go, I used to have great 4G WiMax (service and coverage) but now is not that good, even in town. And that's why I'm thinking about T-Mobile, but I need to see if the price is right and the coverage is the same or better compared to Sprint.

"If I'm very clever, and I'm more than clever, I'm brilliant! I might just save the World, or rip it apart!"
~Doctor Who.

Try a LTE Device on sprint. WiMax is a dead technology. That they've been trying to replace with LTE... And TMobile is prob the fastest growing and improving cell company in the US

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Try a LTE Device on sprint. WiMax is a dead technology. That they've been trying to replace with LTE... And TMobile is prob the fastest growing and improving cell company in the US

About WiMax I knew what was coming, and LTE testing wasn't in the areas I needed, now that is officially on in my city I'll need to check it out.
The problem now is that if my brother and I move to T-Mo our bill will be above $20 extra each if we include the phone payment. Which we wouldn't have with Sprint.

~Doctor Who.

smcolbert

May 22, 2011
Visit site
I had the exact same issue as OP, but seeing as this is months later I don't know if this is very useful...

I have the Sprint One in Chicago with great LTE all over, but I could never update the Facebook app or access Google Now. I also had trouble updating both the PRL and Profile, it would spin forever, then fail. I found out that the fbook and Google Now issues had something to do with LTE, despite testing at 30Mbps+, because everything worked fine on 3G or WiFi (LTE worked fine for web browsing, video and audio streaming, and etc). Turning the phone to CDMA only would fix all my issues (and 3G was fast enough, just not as fast as LTE).

I had gotten used to using CDMA only mode as a work around, but I just realized the profile/PRL issue might be related to the other issues I was seeing, so I switched it back to CDMA only mode and was able to successfully update both profile and PRL. Now everything works just fine on LTE.