Cracked my HTC ONE screen!!!

HTCsach

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Cracked the glass real bad last night and was wondering how do I go about getting it repaired? I tried me local cell phone repair shops and when I tell them which phone I say HTC ONE and they go htc one x or htc one s no HTC ONE! Like they never heard of this phone and this was two different places. Just looking for some info on where to send the phone.....number or website thanks.

madlaw1071

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I had same issue on my daughter's phone. I Dont believe replacement screens are available.

Posted via Android Central App

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
I hate to say it but if this was an iPhone all you had to do was make an appointment with Genius Bar and have $179 for a Replacement (Refurbished) since it's still under warranty I heard stories some will even do it for free, depending who you deal with.

Send it back to hTc or call your Carrier and see how much they will charge you for the repair.

Good luck.

dmxjago

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
I have insurance on mine so even if it's my fault my deductible is only $75.00 with at&t. 6.99$ a month is a small price to pay.

HTCsach

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
I have insurance on mine so even if it's my fault my deductible is only $75.00 with at&t. 6.99$ a month is a small price to pay.

and they just sent me a text the other day asking if I wanted to put insurance on it and I ignored it....DANG

mistyisland

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Cracked the glass real bad last night and was wondering how do I go about getting it repaired? I tried me local cell phone repair shops and when I tell them which phone I say HTC ONE and they go htc one x or htc one s no HTC ONE! Like they never heard of this phone and this was two different places. Just looking for some info on where to send the phone.....number or website thanks.

I just called a local guy that works out of his house with excellent reviews. He told me that the parts are very expensive, the screen is maybe $200 or more, and he doesn't fix them. I was very surprised. I guess HTC would be your best bet. So sorry this has happened to you.

jonathan2677

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I thought all smartphones are 199 at att for deductible and my sis works there and said she never heard of a 75 deductible but who knows

sent from my favorite phone of the year HTC one, don't mean it has to be yours

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Dropped my htc one 2 weeks ago from about 3 feet onto cement. Had a poetic atmosphere case on it (BTW was my favorite case). Landed on the bottom right corner...no damage other than a small dent in the corner. Needless to say bottom speaker no longer worked and I had to use my insurance through at&t. My deductible was $199. I have since switched my case to Urban Armor Gear orange since the poetic case offers little to no protection. I-Blason prine case is also a nice inexpensive case that i bought. The shame of it is I bought 4 different color atmosphere cases. Sorry cases are for another thread...i got off track. Point being deductible is $199 with at&T insurance.

t3chn0s1s

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I recently broke my One's LCD. The display worked and the digitizer still seemed functional since it registered touch. So, I called HTC and got a quote to repair it. They advised me 'up to $180'. So I sent it in last week. They got it on Thursday. They emailed me this past Tuesday advising the repair would indeed cost $180. So, I paid via debit card and I'm now waiting for them to finish the repair and send it back. I live in North California and I sent it to Houston,Texas.

Hope everything works out for you.

Edit: another thing to consider is... This device was rated a 1 out of 10 in terms of repairability by iFixit due to the unibody design and such. So, I personally wouldn't trust any non sanctioned (by HTC) 3rd party to work on it. Better to send it to the manufacturer since I'm sure they have specialized tools for dismantling it.

Oh - and one other thing.. $180 is cheaper than AT&T's insurance deductible but I'm sure the repair time will take longer than it would to get a replacement (probably a refurbished unit) from AT&T.

Sent from my LG-P870 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

EggoEspada

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
I recently broke my One's LCD. The display worked and the digitizer still seemed functional since it registered touch. So, I called HTC and got a quote to repair it. They advised me 'up to $180'. So I sent it in last week. They got it on Thursday. They emailed me this past Tuesday advising the repair would indeed cost $180. So, I paid via debit card and I'm now waiting for them to finish the repair and send it back. I live in North California and I sent it to Houston,Texas.

Hope everything works out for you.

Edit: another thing to consider is... This device was rated a 1 out of 10 in terms of repairability by iFixit due to the unibody design and such. So, I personally wouldn't trust any non sanctioned (by HTC) 3rd party to work on it. Better to send it to the manufacturer since I'm sure they have specialized tools for dismantling it.

Oh - and one other thing.. $180 is cheaper than AT&T's insurance deductible but I'm sure the repair time will take longer than it would to get a replacement (probably a refurbished unit) from AT&T.

Sent from my LG-P870 using Tapatalk 2

Best buy insurance can be had for $170 and it gets you a replacement with unlimited claims for two years within a few days. ;)

Sent from my HTC One

estebancam

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Best buy insurance can be had for $170 and it gets you a replacement with unlimited claims for two years within a few days. ;)

Sent from my HTC One

Best Buy's insurance cannot be added to a phone if not purchased at Best Buy. And even then, you have 15 days to add the insurance after initial purchase.

It is a darn good plan though.

tprevett

May 7, 2010
Visit site
I generally purchase my phones with my Mastercard.. Accidental breakage in the first 90 days, believe it or not is covered under the Mastercard benefits. I had a client who spilled a glass of water in a brand new laptop.. Best Buy would do nothing.. Sony wanted an arm, a leg, and his first child to fix it.. I told him to call the 800 number of the back of the credit card.. Sure as Sh*t.. They paid for a brand new replacement: Excerpt from Mastercard website:

Premium MasterCard? cardholders now have the peace of mind and freedom to travel and shop to their hearts? content across the globe without a moments worry.

Purchase Protection
(Available to Platinum and World MasterCard cardholders)

Now Premium MasterCard cardholder cardholders can relax when you shop with purchase protection against items that you buy on your card. Purchases are covered against accidental damage of purchased items, including internet purchases and items you give as gifts. Coverage is valid for ninety days from the date of purchase as indicated on the original store receipt.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers