Family locator suggestions for HTC One

Lecrae116

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Can someone give me some info on a family locator thats free (if possible),greatly accurate,doesn't need a data connection,and doesn't run in the background? I'm on sprint.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Can someone give me some info on a family locator thats free (if possible),greatly accurate,doesn't need a data connection,and doesn't run in the background? I'm on sprint.

You do need a data connection. When you start the app, it will tell you to turn on GPS and take you to settings to turn it on. It's pretty accurate...usually within just a few meters and once you exit the app, it's closed and doesn't run in the background. I use it to track my kids from time to time! :)

The app is free, but you have to buy the subscription from Sprint which is 4.99 a month.

walt27

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
My wife has iPhone 5 and we both use Google latitude. However it's not always accurate. Is there Anything better?

Posted via Android Central App

mcpricex

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site

Try a really long piece of string.

The software you are asking for does not exist. By its very nature locator software works by regularly reporting the users location, so it has to be running in the background and it has to use a data connection. There is no other way of doing it. Accuracy is down to hardware limitations, an approximate (down to about 50m) position can be triangulated from cell data but to get any better than that GPS would have to be activated on the individuals handset and again, that handset would then have to use its data connection to report its location.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thambu63