Is it ok to use a 2A charger?

Darth Mo

May 17, 2010
Visit site
The phone will only draw as much power as it needs, which is maximum 1 A. The 2 A charger is fine; it's just capable of providing additional power for multiple devices.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Too fast of a charge may damage the battery. It looks like a 1A came with the phone, it's best to stick with using that.

As Darth said the battery will only pull what it needs. So no worries :).

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.

semp1

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
The battery can't get messed up using different chargers. It's a usb cable aby chargers work and the phone will pull what ever is needed. No way to pull more and ruin it. Not even remotely possible.

Posted via My Developer's Edition HTC one

XontheP

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
Vasekvi - I just installed that widget, and I'm not sure it's accurate. I'm using the one amp HTC charger that came with my phone. There's no decimals in the display, and it's currently showing 570000 mA (plus change). I'm assuming 2 implied decimal points. This would significantly exceed the stated output on the charger.

amroa

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
A mA = milliAmp = thousandths of an Amps = .001 Amps

So,
1000 mA = 1 Amp

Therefore,
570,000 mA = 570 Amps

You don't have to be a Electrical Engineer, although I am one, to figure out there's a problem with the app's scaling.

Also, you could hook your phone to a 10A source and it would not make things any better or worse. The phone is supposedly current limited to 1 Amp, which many of us are not happy with. "Current Limited" means the phone will never pull more than the amount stated. Many of us would like to see the One be able to pull around 2A, but HTC has limited it for some odd reason.

Finally, if you go to your Power settings, you can see what charge mode your phone is in right underneath the "<Power" label at the top of the screen. It will either say "Charging (USB)" or "Charging (AC)". If it's charging USB, I think its limiting itself to 500 mA (1/2 Amp) as that is the USB spec for computers, etc. If it charging AC, then it's getting one full Amp, which you tend to get off of wall chargers and some cigarette lighter adapters with the right "charge cable".

For those of us who use this for navigation, you have to get the right cigarette lighter adapter and a "charge cable" to get a full amp charge for navigation while screen is on.

Joby_gst

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site

So,
1000 mA = 1 Amp

Therefore,
570,000 mA = 570 Amps

You don't have to be a Electrical Engineer, although I am one, to figure out there's a problem with the app's scaling.

Also, you could hook your phone to a 10A source and it would not make things any better or worse. The phone is supposedly current limited to 1 Amp, which many of us are not happy with. "Current Limited" means the phone will never pull more than the amount stated. Many of us would like to see the One be able to pull around 2A, but HTC has limited it for some odd reason.

Finally, if you go to your Power settings, you can see what charge mode your phone is in right underneath the "<Power" label at the top of the screen. It will either say "Charging (USB)" or "Charging (AC)". If it's charging USB, I think its limiting itself to 500 mA (1/2 Amp) as that is the USB spec for computers, etc. If it charging AC, then it's getting one full Amp, which you tend to get off of wall chargers and some cigarette lighter adapters with the right "charge cable".

For those of us who use this for navigation, you have to get the right cigarette lighter adapter and a "charge cable" to get a full amp charge for navigation while screen is on.

So which charger do you recommend and the right cigarette lighter adapter and a "charge cable" to get a full amp charge?

roblox84

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site

So,
1000 mA = 1 Amp

Therefore,
570,000 mA = 570 Amps

I'm an engineer as well but in the music industry creating beats, but yes that apps scaling is correct and the charger is more than fine to use.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Agentirish